Mountain Mania 4-- Going Solo

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hubby and I are leaving Friday morning, should be there early afternoon. This is our first time to the mountains, so nothing crazy from us, so your welcome to cruise with us. Hoping someone will take us under their wing and show us around, or just take us to a fun spot. We are staying at the Best Western as well. Cant wait.... :d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hubby and I are leaving Friday morning, should be there early afternoon. This is our first time to the mountains, so nothing crazy from us, so your welcome to cruise with us. Hoping someone will take us under their wing and show us around, or just take us to a fun spot. We are staying at the Best Western as well. Cant wait.... :d

Thanks Mare. My first time alone in the deep woods also, always been with someone who knew where to go. Friday i might do the loop, havent been out on the sled this year :eek: could be ugly but probley a good laugh

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks FunTimes...With getting in later friday might just burn some fuel on the family loop. if i can find the info on staging area

Head south from Best Western on Highway 5 about 1 to 2 clicks to 4 way intersection past top of hill. Turn right and bear left. Stay on main road until you see a cleared parking lot in a logged area. That is the Lower and Upper Westridge Staging Area. Once you are unloaded follow the trail heading west up the hill. You will end up in the old Westridge Staging area. Bear right up the logging road for the Lower Westridge Loop. If you go left along the power line you will end up on the Canoe River FSR which will take you to the Upper Westridge Trail.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head south from Best Western on Highway 5 about 1 to 2 clicks to 4 way intersection past top of hill. Turn right and bear left. Stay on main road until you see a cleared parking lot in a logged area. That is the Lower and Upper Westridge Staging Area. Once you are unloaded follow the trail heading west up the hill. You will end up in the old Westridge Staging area. Bear right up the logging road for the Lower Westridge Loop. If you go left along the power line you will end up on the Canoe River FSR which will take you to the Upper Westridge Trail.

Thanks for the directions :beer:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're heading out wednesday nite, snochuk? Nice!!! You goin' with the apprentices or your brother? Did you get your tickets yet?

Sounds like Justin and Sledslut might hook up with us for a couple of days before you get there Ric............:eek::eek: I think the last time I rode with Justin in the Renshaw we had to send out a search party for both Justin and Whitech when they got split up from the group. Got any bribes to offer up for his safe return.;):d:d

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're heading out wednesday nite, snochuk? Nice!!! You goin' with the apprentices or your brother? Did you get your tickets yet?[/QUOTE]

I'll have an extra ticket or two with me from guys that had to cancel if anyone needs one last minute.

McCAT

Reaction score
I'll have an extra ticket or two with me from guys that had to cancel if anyone needs one last minute.[/QUOTE]

Rob,
I Just talked to Ed a few minutes ago, he will need one more. I'll tell him to call you. He is also meeting us in McBride on Wed the 23rd.:beer:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Hey 2Mk....

Dale is unsure of his schedule so Mike #'s, plio & I have decided on MM instead of castlegar.... we will be heading out thursday and hopefully dale will be able to meet up with us... your always welcome to ride with us...

we're all rookies.....

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have an extra ticket or two with me from guys that had to cancel if anyone needs one last minute.

Rob,
I Just talked to Ed a few minutes ago, he will need one more. I'll tell him to call you. He is also meeting us in McBride on Wed the 23rd.:beer:[/QUOTE]

I'll bring Dave's ticket for Ed. One of us needs to get a hold of Dean to see where he wants to meet up with us too.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey 2mk....

Dale is unsure of his schedule so mike #'s, plio & i have decided on mm instead of castlegar.... We will be heading out thursday and hopefully dale will be able to meet up with us... Your always welcome to ride with us...

We're all rookies.....

and on saturday, i'll even let you guys ride with me....... I'm a rookie too;)

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey 2Mk....

Dale is unsure of his schedule so Mike #'s, plio & I have decided on MM instead of castlegar.... we will be heading out thursday and hopefully dale will be able to meet up with us... your always welcome to ride with us...

we're all rookies.....

Sounds good bogger. Did you guys get rooms already?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sounds good bogger. Did you guys get rooms already?

tentitively booked at the premier lodge $89/night room with 4 queens.... no pool or hot tub due to rennovation, but like mikey said... drunks shouldn't play around water anyway..

I'm still looking around, surprisingly there is lots of availability..

Part of me figures it might be best to stay where the party is...the other part says "STFU idiot, don't be stupid..."

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tentitively booked at the premier lodge $89/night room with 4 queens.... no pool or hot tub due to rennovation, but like mikey said... drunks shouldn't play around water anyway..

I'm still looking around, surprisingly there is lots of availability..

Part of me figures it might be best to stay where the party is...the other part says "STFU idiot, don't be stupid..."

I will DD if you guys need to get places ... and if there is a short bus i can drive that also.

McCAT

Reaction score
Rob,
I Just talked to Ed a few minutes ago, he will need one more. I'll tell him to call you. He is also meeting us in McBride on Wed the 23rd.:beer:

I'll bring Dave's ticket for Ed. One of us needs to get a hold of Dean to see where he want's to meet up with us too.[/QUOTE]

I left him a message to call me.

Top Bottom