Mountain Fit Hoods..

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Can someone point me to the best place to buy a mountain fit hood for my M series?
Any pictures would be awesome,
Cheers,:beer::beer:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone point me to the best place to buy a mountain fit hood for my M series?
Any pictures would be awesome,
Cheers,:beer::beer:

i would try specialty sleds in edmonton...they might have something...they have some kinda lightweight hoods...just ask glengine or google them

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
i would try specialty sleds in edmonton...they might have something...they have some kinda lightweight hoods...just ask glengine or google them

Thanks, I will check in there on my way back from work this week and check on a few other things.. For some reason i dont think they sell the mountain fit hoods tho but i could be wrong...

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check in there on my way back from work this week and check on a few other things.. For some reason i dont think they sell the mountain fit hoods tho but i could be wrong...

ya im not 100% sure they do either...but give it a try...never know till ya try...ahha

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
We have them in stock at Mountain Magic for M-Series sleds for $289

Ah good deal, do you by chance have any pictures? And pictures of the vent kits? How have they been holding up and hows the fit?

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
You will have to bear with us as we are upgrading our website and it is a work in progress so I currently do not have a picture but they are black in color. (www.moutainmagic.ca) We have painted some and they seem to take paint fine. As for fit on the M-Series they fit fine except it is a little tricky because of the hood guides. If you look at your stock hood there is catches on the inside that hook the hood to keep it in place. Mountain Fit hoods do not come with these catches . What our customers have done is buy strapes and put one on each corner to keep the hood in place. As for vents the hoods come solid and you cut them in as you please to put vents in. We have M-Seies vent kits in stock.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Pure addiction was selling them, not sure if they have some left?
we have them as well and can ship to you.

we also have lightweight fiberglass hoods, with a real nice finish(very good gel coat) ready for paint, and have a wicked paint artist on hand for painting hoods if interested.

the poly hoods from mountain fit do not like paints, the solvents in the paints harden the poly and make them crack.
we were going to try the water base paints but they only reduce solvents 30% which isn't enough. clear coats are still solvent base.

Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember Rory telling me the same - there is only one type of paint they had found that took well with the hoods.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
I remember Rory telling me the same - there is only one type of paint they had found that took well with the hoods.

Pactra paints work on the Mountain Fit Hoods. Here is a pic of an M we did with a UBR900 and of course the mountain fit hood. Relocated lights and put the center vent on. Have black and white M hoods on hand.

lionel@motorsportaddiction.com

Attachments

• UBR M9c.jpg
    UBR M9c.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 79

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be a dumb question but can i put my stock headlights in a poly hood? .....i know if i bust mine up there a WEE bit expensive to buy from cat :confused:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be a dumb question but can i put my stock headlights in a poly hood? .....i know if i bust mine up there a WEE bit expensive to buy from cat :confused:

You can run a different type of light like a PIAA in a MF hood. Just wire them to some spades and plug them into the original headlight plug.

p.s. there are no dumb questions

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For my sled i drilled a small hole in the front bumper (handle) and mounted a small LED style fog light. I used LED because they work better in the cold. I had problems with fog lamps, as soon as they hit snow they would pop. I also used a GM wire connector so that i could take off the light when i was playing in the daylight. Worked really well for me.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I used a fog lamp and mounted it with a bracket just below my digitron. Not quite a good as a headlight but it gets me home just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_9180_222_1.jpg
    IMG_9180_222_1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9180_222.666.jpg
    IMG_9180_222.666.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 77

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Gas Milage saver big time...lol....blew a head gasket in McBride on the first run after the motor was rebuilt.
Thanks to all the guys who were on the "Mod Ride" the repair was quick. We got the parts from Ride N Hide and hauled her into Barry's garage in McBride and did the repair.
First thing I did the next day was ghost ride into the trees on the trail up to Renshaw...yep, the boys really liked that...lol,...

Hey Sledbunny, not to hurt any feelings but is that towrope for performance or resque. lol.

Attachments

• IMG_9205_1.jpg
    IMG_9205_1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9206_1.jpg
    IMG_9206_1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9222_1.jpg
    IMG_9222_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom