Morrisey and the notch - jan. 2/10

spitfire

Reaction score
My wife and i rode back to the notch yesterday from the morrisey staging area. The trail to the cabin was groomed and smooth. The meadows still have lots of powder, but watch for the man eaters as my wife found out. Thanks to four young guys that helped us get out. The pipeline is getting fairly rough but there is a lot of fresh powder in the back. Overall a good day, other than a few good stucks. Helps to have a cobra snow bunjee.

Attachments

• DSC00825.jpg
    DSC00825.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00827.jpg
    DSC00827.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00829.jpg
    DSC00829.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00828.jpg
    DSC00828.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 38

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good and about equivalent to other areas we rode this weekend in the crowsnest.

How does the 450 handle the track? I've been told that it's recommended you get a larger bore, like 525, 580, 650 (not KLR/DR, but Husaberg), etc.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good and about equivalent to other areas we rode this weekend in the crowsnest.

How does the 450 handle the track? I've been told that it's recommended you get a larger bore, like 525, 580, 650 (not KLR/DR, but Husaberg), etc.

ok apparently i havent found the open bowls in the crowsnest yet
where were ya at

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where were ya at

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any (or many) big open bowls and rolling hills like Revelstoke.

There are more confined spaces or tree riding in the crowsnest.

Then again I'm not overly experienced in this area. Still learning new things and trying new areas.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
where were ya at

The open bowls above are more in the Fernie area and throughout the Rolling Hills. In the Crowsnest, there are open areas in Barnes and Elliott and then more in the south end of Corbin ie Barnes Ranch, old town of Flathead, etc.

FSA map shows it all well.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The open bowls above are more in the Fernie area and throughout the Rolling Hills. In the Crowsnest, there are open areas in Barnes and Elliott and then more in the south end of Corbin ie Barnes Ranch, old town of Flathead, etc.

FSA map shows it all well.

I consider these still bowls, and I know you support Fernie quite a bit, but if people are expecting wide open riding and massive areas in Golden and Revy, from what I've seen you just won't find it.

Still fun though. Tree riding and rolling hills are the best IMO.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I consider these still bowls, and I know you support Fernie quite a bit, but if people are expecting wide open riding and massive areas in Golden and Revy, from what I've seen you just won't find it.

ok so im not missing much then
although years back there was lots of open areas north of the highway
now that might be just cause there isnt enough snow or the trees have matured enough that its tough to cover them up

wouldnt mind going out with ferniesnow sometime tho he seems to know some sweet spots

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

You are correct; the wide open, alpine terrain, like Revy and Golden ain't happening in the SE Koot's. I guess the one real big thing positive is that there aren't hundreds of riders buzzing past our ears all day.

With the minimal snowfall (not the normal big dumps?), the sweet spots are getting harder to find!! But they are still around......

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
ok so im not missing much then
although years back there was lots of open areas north of the highway
now that might be just cause there isnt enough snow or the trees have matured enough that its tough to cover them up

wouldnt mind going out with ferniesnow sometime tho he seems to know some sweet spots

I have have many more days with better conditions and less riders in fernie than revy. Revy is for the spring. Fernie gets huge winter dumps with bluebird days quite often. there is alot of sweet open riding with awsome trees and large hills. I would show you around one day if you would like.

Top Bottom