More Yellowstone pics for Feb 19

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updated: More Yellowstone pics for Feb 19

Update: Fixed up the lighting on the full moon pics. Noticed they did not show up the same way on the CRT as my laptop. Yes, it really was pretty bright at night.

Pretty sunny last few days.

Img_1709.jpg

Img_1714.jpg

Can't seem to get the younger hot shot kids to ride through these trees (to their credit, we did teach them not to do anything dumb). Anyway I say "trust me, I'm telling ya, you can just keep riding through them for miles". They still don't know how I find my way around through that stuff - they will follow. I feel guilty having all the fun you know.

Img_1722.jpg

Anyone that can tell me what made this big snow drift, why and where, in the middle of the flat wins a prize.
I give a hint, its near island park.

Img_1746.jpg
(anyone that saw it, licked it, and still doesn't know what it is, maybe stop in at the dr.)

Went up to two top on the way back tonight. Was a full moon. The camera does not do it justice, if I had more time and my tri-pod I could have got some fantastic pics.

I was the last in the group heading down; I thought someone had a headlight behind me, I turned around: it was the moon. So I shut the engine off to kill the light, then stopped the track and slid down with all the moonlit snowy trees in perfect silence. That was golden.

Img_1756.jpg

Img_1760.jpg

Do you think my "other" friends will believe me when I say "Yes, that is a couple of trees".

Img_1766.jpg

Just a day in the life out here. Have pictures of all the crazy bars with bent floors and crazy food. But there is a limit of 7 per day right? And hey, asking for gravy on fries is a dead gave away you are a Canadian, or that you are bent in the head maybe. I got: "Ya'll wanna do whut with your fries?? I'm from the south and we all put gravy on a lot of stuff, but on your fries!???!?" The next guy at the bar asked "ya'll from Canada, right?"

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that can tell me what made this big snow drift, why and where, in the middle of the flat wins a prize.

Ski Hill snow maker

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sunny last few days.

View attachment 3422

View attachment 3423

Can't seem to get the younger hot shot kids to ride through these trees (to their credit, we did teach them not to do anything dumb). Anyway I say "trust me, I'm telling ya, you can just keep riding through them for miles". They still don't know how I find my way around through that stuff - they will follow. I feel guilty having all the fun you know.

View attachment 3424

View attachment 3425
(anyone that saw it, licked it, and still doesn't know what it is, maybe stop in at the dr.)

Went up to two top on the way back tonight. Was a full moon. The camera does not do it justice, if I had more time and my tri-pod I could have got some fantastic pics.

I was the last in the group heading down; I thought someone had a headlight behind me, I turned around: it was the moon. So I shut the engine off to kill the light, then stopped the track and slid down with all the moonlit snowy trees in perfect silence. That was golden.

Do you think my "other" friends will believe me when I say "Yes, that is a couple of trees".

Just a day in the life out here. Have pictures of all the crazy bars with bent floors and crazy food. But there is a limit of 7 per day right? And hey, asking for gravy on fries is a dead gave away you are a Canadian, or that you are bent in the head maybe. I got: "Ya'll wanna do whut with your fries?? I'm from the south and we all put gravy on a lot of stuff, but on your fries!???!?" The next guy at the bar asked "ya'll from Canada, right?"

CONDENSATION SPRAYER FOR SKIING

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pictures, I should probably make a trip there since im only about 2.5 hrs from there...

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, before I forget, the big snow pile here by Island Park: that's what they do with the waste water after they treat it. Looked clean to me. Tasted ok. :D

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great shots!! I see you had a great time and had a bit of sun as well... awesome. When we were there a couple weeks ago we had more overcast days then sunny ones but it was still an incredible weeks riding. Thanks for sharing the photography with us.... makes me wish I was still there :)

I love the shot of the trail laying there out over your Doo's handle bars! Good shot!

Top Bottom