More vibration from bigger motors???

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just fired up the 600 and the 800 and let them run for a bit. Once they warmed up and settled down I noticed the skies on the 800 were vibrating like crazy and the 600's were motionless. I'm hearing a lot of stories how the 800s were bad for taking out the bottom ends due to bad balancing, this has me nervous. Should I be??

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK this is what I wanted to hear !! :Snowmobile1:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I just fired up the 600 and the 800 and let them run for a bit. Once they warmed up and settled down I noticed the skies on the 800 were vibrating like crazy and the 600's were motionless. I'm hearing a lot of stories how the 800s were bad for taking out the bottom ends due to bad balancing, this has me nervous. Should I be??

If it is a Poo, you should be nervous.......Doo's are as smooth as a glassy lake with no wind!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its normal that's why the 600s outlast the 800s and the 800s outlast the 1000s. However you should compare it to another similar brand of sled. Because some sleds do have excess vibration from bad motormounts or clutches. The arctic cat 800 has the worst vibration I have ever experienced. Absolutely brutal it transfers right to the handlebars. The new pro is very smooth like the etec. Even my ptek has suprisingly low vibration for such an old beast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wedges are antique junk!

Wedges are cool old sleds.. Taking a wedge and turning it into a beastly mountain sled is neat! It's all
An adventure. Don't diss the old iron because once upon a time it was new iron, just like how your current sled will
Eventually be old iron.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I mean someone asks a good question looking for information and the thread goes sideways and turns into a waste of time and name calling. I do not know anything about wedges.

I guess you missed the post "1000 Doos are Junk" by the Freak? Expect threads to go sideways everytime he gets behind the keyboard. Just thought I would fill you in seeing your new to the forum.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look up shake in the dictionary there is a pic of an 05 900 rmk. After a 10 min ride your feet are numb and your hands ache. Anyway it may be worth while sending your primary to slp or somewhere else for balancing. It may save you a crank!

woody

Reaction score
I guess you missed the post "1000 Doos are Junk" by the Freak? Expect threads to go sideways everytime he gets behind the keyboard. Just thought I would fill you in seeing your new to the forum.

I am not new to the forum. I joined in Aug 2008. I choose not to post much. I try to use it to get information and news but more and more it is becoming a waste of time because of childish bickering. I do not know about 1000 Doos either or how to get 2 quotes in one reply otherwise I would have included that statement as well.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe you missed Fernies post.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not new to the forum. I joined in Aug 2008. I choose not to post much. I try to use it to get information and news but more and more it is becoming a waste of time because of childish bickering. I do not know about 1000 Doos either or how to get 2 quotes in one reply otherwise I would have included that statement as well.

Fair enough Woody. If you click on the "+ in the bottom rh corner of the post box you want to quote you will get a check mark. That will lock in the 1st quote. Then click on the "reply with quote" of the 2nd quote you want that will lock in your second quote. Now you can reply to the 2 quotes. Hope that doesn't confuse you to much. Lol.:beer::beer:

Top Bottom