More vibration from bigger motors???

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just fired up the 600 and the 800 and let them run for a bit. Once they warmed up and settled down I noticed the skies on the 800 were vibrating like crazy and the 600's were motionless. I'm hearing a lot of stories how the 800s were bad for taking out the bottom ends due to bad balancing, this has me nervous. Should I be??

Highfly
Well didnt his post go to trash quickly.... i can see we are all looking for something to talk about. Yes as someone mentioned 600 is better than 800 and 800 better than 1000... it has a lot to do with bore and moving mass. Rode a new 2012 Pro 600 and 800 this year and the 600 was as smooth as glass as Ferniesnow (lol) said. My view on engines is if it runs work it hard untill it doesnt and replace it to start over. You could take it out and buy a new crank/pistons/cylinders and it might be the same or better. If i remember right your 800 has low kms... drive it buddy i had one there a great sled.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly
Well didn't his post go to trash quickly.... i can see we are all looking for something to talk about. Yes as someone mentioned 600 is better than 800 and 800 better than 1000... it has a lot to do with bore and moving mass. Rode a new 2012 Pro 600 and 800 this year and the 600 was as smooth as glass as Ferniesnow (lol) said. My view on engines is if it runs work it hard until it doesn't and replace it to start over. You could take it out and buy a new crank/pistons/cylinders and it might be the same or better. If i remember right your 800 has low kms... drive it buddy i had one there a great sled.

THANK YOU!! and the other 3 posts with good information :cool:

Yes it had 234 miles when I bought it this winter and been out with it twice. I just hear about the 04 800s were bad for taking out the bottom ends, its making me nervous and wondering if I should pull the clutch and have checked/balanced as mensioned....I had myself talked into just riding it and keeping a close eye on the end play with a dial indicator. Until I fired them both up beside each other seeing the vibration of the 800 got me all nervous again. I'm not a super aggressive rider and wont be high marking or riding the crap out of it if that will make any difference. The larger engine and more mass does make sence.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU!! and the other 3 posts with good information :cool:

Yes it had 234 miles when I bought it this winter and been out with it twice. I just hear about the 04 800s were bad for taking out the bottom ends, its making me nervous and wondering if I should pull the clutch and have checked/balanced as mensioned....I had myself talked into just riding it and keeping a close eye on the end play with a dial indicator. Until I fired them both up beside each other seeing the vibration of the 800 got me all nervous again. I'm not a super aggressive rider and wont be high marking or riding the crap out of it if that will make any difference. The larger engine and more mass does make sence.

I think that they had a problem with cranks?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that they had a problem with cranks?
Yes they did, well some did some didn't. Not sure if it was the early ones that were built and they corrected later or just some did and some didn't????

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one screw beside the cable to set the idle , and the PTO bearing is the weak link , and the 8 shakes more than a 6

Top Bottom