More vibration from bigger motors???

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I mean someone asks a good question looking for information and the thread goes sideways and turns into a waste of time and name calling. I do not know anything about wedges.

Well I know something about 1000 Doos.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you missed the post "1000 Doos are Junk" by the Freak? Expect threads to go sideways everytime he gets behind the keyboard. Just thought I would fill you in seeing your new to the forum.

I didnt realize you thought the 1000 Doo was such a great motor. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rt 1000 was a great engine once you took care of intake after doo replaced orig engine with 800 kms on it and I put it on pods and lightened it up as much as I could it ripped your arms off. Tyler hows it running last time I saw you it was dooin 110 mph coming into the coal creek staging area.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for that. i was always wondering how.
Fair enough Woody. If you click on the "+ in the bottom rh corner of the post box you want to quote you will get a check mark. That will lock in the 1st quote. Then click on the "reply with quote" of the 2nd quote you want that will lock in your second quote. Now you can reply to the 2 quotes. Hope that doesn't confuse you to much. Lol.:beer::beer:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1000 doos were one of the stronger and better thought out engines BRP built, they just did a horrible job on fuel management.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its normal that's why the 600s outlast the 800s and the 800s outlast the 1000s. However you should compare it to another similar brand of sled. Because some sleds do have excess vibration from bad motormounts or clutches. The arctic cat 800 has the worst vibration I have ever experienced. Absolutely brutal it transfers right to the handlebars. The new pro is very smooth like the etec. Even my ptek has suprisingly low vibration for such an old beast.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Yup I have to agree with Maxwell, my 2010 M8 has horrendous vibrations at idle. I can literally watch the steering post shake back and forth and my recoil handle rattles around. Pretty sad really, but above idle the vibration is gone. I sure wish the manufacturers would take a look at the smoothness of todays sport bike's engines. My 06' GSXR 600 was smooth as glass from idle to 16,000rpm... So much available technology and nobody wants to use it. Even Yamaha missed the boat with their 4 strokes IMO

Top Bottom