More idiots....

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF...

I know someone who knows someone on SAR, hopefully I can get some details, although I'm not sure if SAR volunteers are allowed to disclose info on rescues.

So my contact was finally able to talk with one of the SAR volunteers. Looks like the individual that spent the night was out riding by himself and had mechanical issues with his sled. Another group came along and offered to get him out of the back country...he didn't want to leave his sled unattended and declined the assistance. The group eventually notified SAR, due to late time of the day and the Avalanche terrain involved SAR decided to initiate the search the next day. Pretty sure they were notified the individual was well equipped.

Last Friday I left my sled up on a ridge-line overnight after my steering post snapped...I doubled out with the other two guys and doubled back the next day with a new steering post. Couple hours later everything was good to go. I cannot for the life of me think how a person would think it was OK to get SAR involved in a scenario like that.

I don't think its right to call SAR because you don't have friends that can help out. Accept the ride out and then PAY someone to retrieve your sled.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah, the other side of the story. Thanks Colin.

I wonder after SARS found him, did he leave the sled or have it put together to ride it out?

I'm not sure what happened with the sled. It would be nice to find out the whole complete story so people can learn from others mistakes...I would like the public to be able to see the details of each and every SAR call. Screw privacy concerns...that's a non starter for me.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he didn't request sar. If he is an adult he can refuse to be rescued or treated medically. There has to be more to this story

Reactions: RXN

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
years ago we were on the way out of the harvey around 4 pm and came across a co-worker that was on his way in and was by himself. Tried to talk some sense into him but he went anyways. Stupid for sure
Who rides back in Harvey by themselves?

Top Bottom