More idiots....

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, there are riders out there like that. i would chalk it up to inexperience in what can happen, and what to do if it does happen. "a few too many" on the hill fuel some stupid decisions as well.

i was at forester a few years back. one dude out of a group at the bottom says "hold my beer" and up the wall he goes. he somehow managed to catwalk his sled over and on top of him. no movement from him. none of his buddies move. i said, someone should check on him. they said, and i quote " no problem he'll be alright"

i blast up, get close, sees hes bleeding, shoot down tell his group to send a call out as hes not gonna be alright. get back up with a couple other sleds. get some covers on his head(bleeding). he says he has sever back pain, but is moving.

get him to the base of the wall and same type of bizzarro world conversation. "well now what, we cant double him out" eventually one of his group agreed.

they were not from a mountain province, all ill say, but WTF people.

dude got choppered out from the cabin, throwing up, concussion, et.

so yes Virginia, some people really are that stupid. ive seen it first hand.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#moretothestory

I realize this is maybe being meant as a joke but I think it’s in poor taste.
You do realize that the majority of SARS members are not sledder’s. Just a thought if you ever need to call SARS.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fernie SAR has a list of club members that are all good sledders that they will call to go with them as those guys know the area's and how to get into those area's
I realize this is maybe being meant as a joke but I think it’s in poor tast.
You do realize that the majority of SARS members are not sledder’s. Just a thought if you ever need to call SARS.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize this is maybe being meant as a joke but I think it’s in poor tast.
Yes it was meant as a joke towards our wonderful prime minister. Not a slam against SARS.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fernie SAR has a list of club members that are all good sledders that they will call to go with them as those guys know the area's and how to get into those area's
Same with sicamous, revy ect....

And I am one of the club members that go out to help the sars

And yes only 2 sars guys from shuswap sars can ride, bnorth being one of them

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure who watched Fox and The Hound with their kids but.......

Lack of education = elimination!

Darwin will clean some of this up - sorry for SARS members that risk it all to help these people.
Some deserve help....some need to suffer a bit.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but if you are not prepared to spend one night in the bush alone you are not prepared to even go out. It is just not that big a deal. Lots of area where there is no chance of doubling out. If you just need your buddies to bring back a part in the morning to get you going why should they stay?
I would hope that a group would leave a someone to spend the night with the guy and not leave until they had given them the tools, food ,ETC to the best of their abilities so good outcome would be seen, come morning.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes this is true our "club" volunteers are sledders when we call upon the club for help.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was meant as a joke towards our wonderful prime minister. Not a slam against SARS.

Sorry man, maybe i'm missing something or the whole thing of the joke.
All i see is a snow boarder???? so obviously i missed something funny??

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its Trudeau.

HAHAHAHA....holy "F" me, i just figured it out. Googled Justin Trudeau snow boarding and bam there he is. Thanks snopro, call me slow call me stupid LOL.

Well, all i can say is YES i would carry his sorry ars out, no i wouldn't tie him to a tree. But it sure would be tempting. That lying SOB.

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a question for snow and mud peeps. I've never even thought of this or considered it before right now. How much trouble would a guy or small group get in if they intentionally spent the night on the hill for enjoyment? 99% of mountain riders have a payed for comfy motel bed to go back to and usually everyone wants off the hill at the end of the day. I get that.

I am personally not one bit afraid of the idea as I am a very seasoned vet in winter camping. I wouldn't even need a big pile of stuff to make it enjoyable either. Between what I pack in my Float 32 and my tunnel bag, I could easily enjoy a weekend on the side of the hill no problem. Only thing I'd lack is fuel to keep sending it lmao!

Im 100% positive that there are rules in place against this. However...there are also rules in place stating lots of things to be "against the law" that virtually nobody bat's an eye too as well.
I would like to try it!! It's just hard to find others to join me cus I don't think it wise to go it alone. But I agree it's a skill set that way more Ppl need to have.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy cheech go blaze a lefty. And don’t you ever dis crushing beers in the cabin lol. Though I can honestly say I haven’t rode in an area this year with a groomer little own a cabin too risky might see fellow Albertans there!

Top Bottom