More idiots....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wasn't there and only have the information below from what was printed. It appears that there were 5 guys in a group. One guy was stuck or broke down (depending on which media outlet one read). The other 4 guys went back to Fernie and reported to SAR and left the guy to overnight. I can't imagine the scenario and why it was decided to leave one person out in the back country for an overnight.

Fernie and Search Rescue received a report of a snowmobiler stuck with a broken sled in Harvey Pass, a winter recreation area near Fernie. The man was with four other people who made it out on their own and reported that he was stuck. Volunteers determined it was too dangerous to rescue the man due to the nightfall and avalanche conditions.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t care friend or not I wouldn’t leave someone .
Double them out or make something work.
Unreal
Yeah no kidding, leave the sled behind, double out, come back the next day warm, full of energy and a couple extra supplies to make life easier.

Not a chance in hell any of the people I ride with with leave anyone behind like that.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of mentality comes up with this sh!t.
Wish there was some legal thing they could be charged with.
Like abandonment.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be more to it...but even then, who just abandons a dude up the mountain?

In other idiot news, shoulda seen the park jobs in the lower Morrisey lot on Saturday. :rolleyes:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also the parking lot at Coal creek.
Gotta be more to it...but even then, who just abandons a dude up the mountain?

In other idiot news, shoulda seen the park jobs in the lower Morrisey lot on Saturday. :rolleyes:

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait to hear the full story behind this. Pretty tough to imagine a scenario that justifies four guys leaving one behind. Other than the one being a colossal D-bag!

Reactions: RXN

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They left a guy by himself to overnight? No? That can't be right...can it? Douchebag or no, nobody gets left behind. Somebody must have the full story by now.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to believe that no one would leave someone in the backcountry for the night even if they don’t know them. If they did, this guy does not need friends like that. We need to look out for each other out there. I don’t think most people understand the gravity of that situation. You are potentially leaving someone to die.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the only way the whole story gets out is if one of those involved, volunteers the information. Already, the press releases are leaving out the fact that 4 guys drove off and left one behind.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF...

I know someone who knows someone on SAR, hopefully I can get some details, although I'm not sure if SAR volunteers are allowed to disclose info on rescues.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also waiting to hear some more info....BUT! no matter what the story is...there will be no "ahhh ok, that's why they left him". Nothing in the truth or story that someone will get about this situation is going to justify being left alone....nothing will change my mind about this group of fawk tards. How about potential manslaughter charges for leaving a person to freeze to death...leave a dog in a car on a hot day and you could go to jail!?!?. don't matter what the story...fawkn hang these bitches out, someone here know them...

Top Bottom