Mono suits Whats good?

Reaction score
I agree warranties can be confusing. As long as Klim puts the tag on the product that says, "guaranteed to keep you dry" and they perform a water/leak test and the product fails, I feel the warranty should provide a replacement or fix the problem. Pretty simple in my eyes with the leak test. If there is abuse, it is my problem. In all the years I have been using their products, there has never been anything defective that I have had to cry and scream for warranty.

Back on topic with the mono suits.......

If it makes you all feel better... I have a cheap onesie from Canadian Tire... that I paid $139 for.... if I sat in a snow bank all day, my ass would be damp at best... (I'm tame to compared to the way you guys all ride)..... I could wear my pajamas in it, and go barefoot and still be warm. Most times I am opening it up some in order to cool down. I'd love to try one of the big name brands... but for the price and my rising style... it just isn't worth the $500+ to me.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy one next year as well. I havn't wore one yet but I have owned both Klim and Motorfist gear. I can't say much about Klim except they are pricey as hell. But you get what you pay for. As for my latest gear (motorfist last 2 years) I have had nothing but the best service. That was dealing directly with there office not a dealer. Hands down amazing attitudes and cut deals. My gear keeps me warm and dry! I have about 35 rides in with them. I will be definitely looking into there new onsie for next season. FXR is also good to deal with but I feel there gear is no where near the high class that Klim or Motorfist is but again there onsies are at least $250 cheaper then the rest.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a tobe customer service is crap one of seams let go after 2nd ride contacted them multiple times emails phone calls pics etc no response last year an this year. I had it fixed easy enough but wont be buying there products again. Suit stayed dry last season this season Ive gotten soaked right too base layer many trips.. I'll be going with motorfist or klim next suit

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tobe suit was complete garbage it only lasted 5 riding days and the only thing that was worse was their customer service! Lesson learned I will be buying klim for next season as I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well It looks like Scott is coming out with one this upcoming season and it looks amazing. just had the scott rep come through the shop and tell me about it. has a couple really nice things i like about it, Has a removable hood and tones i mean tones of venting. aswell i really like the colors (I work at a bicycle shop that does scott and its the same rep.) so seems as though that has sealed my decision.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the fxr non insulated onsie im on second season and it has held up awesome and always kept me dry. couple times it was wet down by my boots but like mentioned earlier it was from snow coming between the layers at the bottom when walking through deep snow and not having the snow skirt around my boot properly.
for $400 bucks i am very happy with it and for a good price i would say since a good pair of bib ski pants i noticed are close to 400 alone.

i have also never washed mine in two seasons i think that helps when u want to keep your suit waterproof and if you do wash your gear lots i would get that spray waterproofiing stuff it seems to work pretty decent

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a TOBE onsie and I agree, terrible customer service . Zipper teeth have come off , seams torn and only half a season on them. I will spend my money on Klim or Motofist. Proven in the sled industry and great warranty on both brands. I am a little disappointed in Klims warranty. I have a rip in the back of my pants but the front in leaking. No warranty if there is a rip anywhere even if it has nothing to do with where they are leaking. Knees are always wet .
On another note I sure hope we see one of the brands come out with a drop seat in a onsie for us girls :)

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the onesie is now the way to go just like it was back in the day. Guys used to be made fun of a guy for wearing them. Whats old is new again I guess.

Just like the sled manufactures I suppose. I am waiting for skidoo to remake the original rev with all the new tech and call it "revolutionary". Actually I really am, maybe make that the trail sled then I can buy one and long track it!

Onesie does seem like a good way to go I just can't stand suspenders and I think most have them and my klim gear is still dry as ever so I will stay the now nerd and not have the onesie.

Top Bottom