Mono suits Whats good?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at getting a mono suit for next year non insulated. dont really care on price just want something that works amazing and fits amazinger haha. looking between the tobe, klim, and FXR at the moment. I Know Klim has the most amazing warranty but have never seen anyone or any store with their suit. Fxr seems great too but dont know there warranty. last is Tobe And i know nothing about them other than they seem to be the most popular. Just looking for personal experience with them. Thanks in advance.

devenk31

Reaction score
I ran an FXR onsie this year. It was great until about ride #10, Then the waterproofing went to crap and I was soaked every ride. Also have about a dozen 1" rips from trees on my sleeves and legs. Mine is also not insulated and still way too warm, not near enough vents. But I am a huge fan of no snow down my pants!!

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This year me and two of my riding buddies decided to give the Tobe suits a try, bought lasts years model at the Edmonton show in October. We have put 20 days each on our suits in 3 feet of dry powder and 2 feet of heavy wet snow and everything inbetween. Tree riding through branches, rubbing up against the base of trees and I even had my track attempt to rip it once or twice. Ours held up extremely well so far and have been very pleased. At the end of the day my under layers are dry and the suit I hang in the hotel room and it is completely dry by morning. I have come close to ripping the legs on my running boards, to the point where I've been afraid to look but even then its held up. As I've told many people on the hill this year I would recommend in a heart beat as we have had nothing but good results. I have heard similar about Klim and not much about FXR.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming up pretty quick here will be the Motorfist Onesie. Now there are a few things I said I'd never do... ride a 174 3"... and wear a onesie.... surprise.... I'm busting out of my comfort zone next season and trying out both
I still will have my regular set up for balmy spring like days where I can strip down into a comfortable layer set up.. but the Motorfist onsie incorporates eVent.. which I freakin love.. Always waterproof, Always breathable.. and super durable. I think it looks quite awesome, feels great, and I trust Motorfist quality.
Motorfist onesie 1.jpg
Motorfist onesie 2.jpg
Motorfist onesie 3.jpg

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tobe hands down, been doing the onesie the longest and the most comfortable, have 25+ days in mine in every condition from -20 to +10 pouring rain, wouldn't trade it for the world.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Always waterproof, Always breathable.. and super durable.
So Trish, is this just sales talk? Always waterproof? Under what conditions and how long will it stay waterproof? If the under layers get wet, it the outerwear replaced under warranty?

There are two sides to every fence. Some are happy with MotorFist and some aren't. Same as with Klim. What is the true picture of Motorfist with regarding keeping the rider dry?

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear an FXR suit. On its 2nd season, has a few battle scars now. One strap to hold the legs to your boots blew out one of the snaps, got a 3 inch rip in one leg, but I don't know how or when that happened. It's decently water proof, as I never really recall being wet at the end of the day. This last trip I noticed I was wet below the knee but I think snow was getting up between the outer layer and the inner part that's tight against the boots.all in all I like it and would recommend it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down the Blitzkrieg by Motorfist, I've been fortunate to ride in all 3 this season Tobe, Motorfist, and FXR. They all have great gear. In my personal opinion, The Motorfist quality is far superior. Never wet, never cold, never hot...the one piece suits controls your body temp, and keeps you from the spikes of hot/cold. The venting on the Motorfist suit works very well, fit is perfect. The side zippers on the legs are a must on a one piece suit for easy quick on-off. D-ring on the left side for quick tether access. Just a great all around suit - built tough and they have some great colour combos that sure pop on the snow.

0b292fca1821a3423737bc68649629f7.jpg
58870266f8527340ca1d053e9805d39f.jpg
e5a98608bc95295ca80939b186fd1d8d.jpg

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Onesies are the ****, I bought an FXR one this season and love it, not sure if it's the best out there but who cares. After a buddy of mine seen it he bought one and said he'd never go back to pants and a jacket either. I beat the heck outta mine cutting new trail into new areas and even snowboard in it, can't say enough.

Last edited:

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya never really looked into motorfist before. you would probably know, how is there warranty similar to Klim in the fact you get wet you get it fixed? Thanks for the reply will be a top contender in the ongoing search.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my FXR maverick. No rips. 20+ days riding no problem. Would buy another in a heart beat. Always dry.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if I will ever buy motorist gear again after the terrible service Ive had trying to get my Stomper 2.0 warrantied when they had a defect tear first ride out. If warranty is one of your big items get it confirmed before buying motorist

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Trish, is this just sales talk? Always waterproof? Under what conditions and how long will it stay waterproof? If the under layers get wet, it the outerwear replaced under warranty?

There are two sides to every fence. Some are happy with MotorFist and some aren't. Same as with Klim. What is the true picture of Motorfist with regarding keeping the rider dry?

Well good morning to you too. I have never ever been wet with Motorfist. Spent many days, and some times going into nights when we have been involved with a rescue and never wet. Have outfitted several search and rescue teams as well with success.

I saw Tex was having problems with a warranty issue. That to me sounds like a dealership issue, rather than the warranty set up. When something isn't right Motorfist does do everything in it's power to make it right.

Jake from Motorfist is an awesome warranty guy to deal with.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Well good morning to you too. I have never ever been wet with Motorfist. Spent many days, and some times going into nights when we have been involved with a rescue and never wet. Have outfitted several search and rescue teams as well with success.

I saw Tex was having problems with a warranty issue. That to me sounds like a dealership issue, rather than the warranty set up. When something isn't right Motorfist does do everything in it's power to make it right.

Jake from Motorfist is an awesome warranty guy to deal with.

Trish, I thought this was a straight yes or no question.................If the under layers get wet, is the outerwear replaced under warranty?
Didn't seem to get an answer? Maybe you missed the question?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trish, I thought this was a straight yes or no question.................If the under layers get wet, is the outerwear replaced under warranty?
Didn't seem to get an answer? Maybe you missed the question?

Fernie I have answered your question to the best of my ability. Perhaps you could give Jake a call and discuss this yourself. Your energy feels quite disrespectful and antagonistic towards me so we probably will get nowhere with this question and answer period with Momma and Fernie Snow. Quite honestly I don't have a lot of time or patience for that kind of dialogue.
I have sent out pms and made a few calls to see if I can help in any way. I believe in the Warranty program with Motorfist, and have seen first hand positive results with my customers. Anything I can do to help I will. How I roll.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 buddies have TOBE 2.0 suits and love them. look for quality in zippers and seams.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie I have answered your question to the best of my ability. Perhaps you could give Jake a call and discuss this yourself. Your energy feels quite disrespectful and antagonistic towards me so we probably will get nowhere with this question and answer period with Momma and Fernie Snow. Quite honestly I don't have a lot of time or patience for that kind of dialogue.
I have sent out pms and made a few calls to see if I can help in any way. I believe in the Warranty program with Motorfist, and have seen first hand positive results with my customers. Anything I can do to help I will. How I roll.

Wow...........nothing personal. Just, IMHO, a straight forward question.

Reaction score
Wow...........nothing personal. Just, IMHO, a straight forward question.

I'll just pop in and remind you two that you're on the same team. Here's what I would offer you Fernie... (at least my way of thinking). I would never want, as a company, to offer such a blanket statement for warranty. "If you get wet ... it's warranty".... for the simple reason that people are morons, and could be swimming in a lake with all their zippers open, and then complain they got wet. I used to sell computers, and would warranty Windows. If it f^cked up, I'd re-install. Then it occurred to me, any idiot could be downloading viruses or deleting files, and I was spending hours warrantying **** I never should have. Bad analogy maybe.... but I would not want to warranty something that people can simply use incorrectly or stupidly.

Momma said she had never got wet, so she may just not know the answer..... or does not want to obligate anyone to honor a warranty that really shouldn't be.

Maybe the question is straight forward, but the answer may not be as "black and white".

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'll just pop in and remind you two that you're on the same team. Here's what I would offer you Fernie... (at least my way of thinking). I would never want, as a company, to offer such a blanket statement for warranty. "If you get wet ... it's warranty".... for the simple reason that people are morons, and could be swimming in a lake with all their zippers open, and then complain they got wet. I used to sell computers, and would warranty Windows. If it f^cked up, I'd re-install. Then it occurred to me, any idiot could be downloading viruses or deleting files, and I was spending hours warrantying **** I never should have. Bad analogy maybe.... but I would not want to warranty something that people can simply use incorrectly or stupidly.

Momma said she had never got wet, so she may just not know the answer..... or does not want to obligate anyone to honor a warranty that really shouldn't be.

Maybe the question is straight forward, but the answer may not be as "black and white".

I agree warranties can be confusing. As long as Klim puts the tag on the product that says, "guaranteed to keep you dry" and they perform a water/leak test and the product fails, I feel the warranty should provide a replacement or fix the problem. Pretty simple in my eyes with the leak test. If there is abuse, it is my problem. In all the years I have been using their products, there has never been anything defective that I have had to cry and scream for warranty.

Back on topic with the mono suits.......

Top Bottom