missing sledders in revelstoke

matros

Reaction score
got a call from boss' wife, her husband and friend missing tonight. Search and rescue need to know which mountain in revelstoke their on. They are not from the area so i do not know exactly where they are. If you saw a black lifted f350 with six doors and a custom expanding sled box please phone revy rcmp and post mountain name here thanks

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a call from boss' wife, her husband and friend missing tonight. Search and rescue need to know which mountain in revelstoke their on. They are not from the area so i do not know exactly where they are. If you saw a black lifted f350 with six doors and a custom expanding sled box please phone revy rcmp and post mountain name here thanks

Thats terrible to hear. I hope they are ok and make it home safe. With a truck like that Im sure someone will notice and alert the RCMP.

I would hope they have people up checking the cabins on both mountains anyways.

Do they travel with survival gear? The nights are not bitter cold yet so they may just be sitting still till day break so they can get their bearings and come down safe.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow that is scary. Like Metalfusion says. hopefully they just hunkered down for the night and show up in the morning. Our prayers go out to the lost ones

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Sux to hear. Hopefully they were well prepared. Cell coverage is decent on boulder if you can get to most of the peaks or have a shot at town from some of the low ridgelines. Spot is so worth it in this type of situation. Could be some early activity on some of the slopes but no reports yet from the Canadian Avalanche Center due to early season.
Anychance they didn't check in with family and are at the local establishments?
Keep us posted.
RS

Zig Zag

Reaction score
:thumbsup2::beerchug:Thanks to all the Revy locals looking for these guys Good Luck and here's to bringing them home alive. Reminder to all to make someone aware of your trip plan( front desk) (sign in at the cabins) something. The area is vast and critical time could be wasted looking for needle in haystack. Another good senario where SPOT may have been a great benefit. It would be nice to see the Canadian Avy start reports when the snow pack starts instead of Dec.:twocents::rules::headbanger:

Great advise Sofa King Much Pow here is hoping Rough Contry's update gets confirmed.:beerchug::drink4:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they are found alive and had survival gear. Good luck to all searchers...

matros

Reaction score
still no sign of these guys this morning (tuesday) Please keep a lookout for them. Im not familiar with the area but it looks as though most of the unloading spots are quite close to main roads we were hoping that maybe the just had vehicle trouble at the end of day but looks like help wouldnt have been far away. This makes me think they spent night on mountain so please if you see anything.... again its a black 03 ford f350 with 2008 style front bodywork, it has 6 doors, a crew cab with suicide doors, and a box that has sides that slide out each way to handle two sleds, has 37" tires. So if you see it please let authorities know so they know where to look thanks one guy on a 08 154 xp black and yellow, the other on a 2010 apex white and orange

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if they are up on boulder or frisby or for that matter any mountain in revy,if you go down the wrong drainage in to deep of snow or not enough,good chance of spending night haha trust me,good if not knowing area to get guide there good for getting back safe.and revy's got some of the thickest cloud that hangs on top,and all you can do is site.they should be fine..

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it's been pretty thick and socked in here in Golden too............
terrible to hear of this already:(. good luck finding these guys!!! We all have to take a little more precautions here in the early season with weather & trouble finding our way out, if unfamiliar with areas.

RN:beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks for the update, my thoughts are with these missing sledders.

still no sign of these guys this morning (tuesday) Please keep a lookout for them. Im not familiar with the area but it looks as though most of the unloading spots are quite close to main roads we were hoping that maybe the just had vehicle trouble at the end of day but looks like help wouldnt have been far away. This makes me think they spent night on mountain so please if you see anything.... again its a black 03 ford f350 with 2008 style front bodywork, it has 6 doors, a crew cab with suicide doors, and a box that has sides that slide out each way to handle two sleds, has 37" tires. So if you see it please let authorities know so they know where to look thanks one guy on a 08 154 xp black and yellow, the other on a 2010 apex white and orange

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I hope they turn up
i can understand getting lost in Revy
last year we were "lost" for 2 hours in the thick fog AND snow
snow filled in our tracks in literally 5mins.

once the cloud broke, turned out we were just below the trail out (frisby)
super easy to get tourned around out there

hope all goes well for these guys

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
Got call this morning from S&R thinking they are on Frisby
Guess we'll have to go looking
Having truck desription is handy to narrow down our search
Do you know if these guys have FRS,Spot,cell,or any other radio communication.
it's not cold enough yet to worry about freezing to death

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck Sofaking...hope you can find them and they're in good shape!!! Decent weather to spend the night in if they were prepared for it.
A truck like that should be easy to spot and they should be in a common staging area if they didn't know the area well...but you just never know do you?
We got turned around in Revy last year, the GPS got us back on track...without it we were heading the wrong way! You think it 'feels' right when you can't see...but little do you know. The trail was so close to us, but the other way! Only time we've had to use the GPS. And after hubby helped out with a fatality deep in the mountains last year, we now have a spot.

Come home safe guys :)

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope all turns out well for these families. Told my wife two nights ago I want to go to Revy this year. If she hears these type of stories that will be a no go. How do these spot systems work, it sounds like they are reliable, but lets not get into that here, this is for the safe return of the sledders.:(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
SPOT- Allows you to communicate one way only.
You can set up one preplanned message only.
You have basically 3 kinds of alerts
1. OK and doing fine
2. In trouble but under control
3. 911 - send help immediately.
They will also track your location and movement on a map.
You can have them text phones or e-mail.

We carry one all the time...just in case. Send a couple of "OK" messages throughout the day and one at the base of the mtn when done.

They are an inexpensive little bit of security.

Hope all turns out well for these families. Told my wife two nights ago I want to go to Revy this year. If she hears these type of stories that will be a no go. How do these spot systems work, it sounds like they are reliable, but lets not get into that here, this is for the safe return of the sledders.:(

GRD

Reaction score

Thanks for the update.

modsledr

Reaction score
Do you know where they are staying?

If it's the Peaks Lodge or Glacier House, then they could be riding right from their hotel to either Boulder or Frisby. This might throw off the search for the truck, since it wont be parked at one of the snowmobile parking areas.

hope this turns out ok.

Sofa King much pow

Reaction score
Another good tool is to tell your wife or someone who cares
A riding plan.
Where your going,Who your riding with,What time you should be back by
Also when you sign in at cabins writing down where you are stayind at and phone number
That way when groomer bets to cabin and you haven't signed out we know where to start looking
If we get call at 6:00 at night We have better chance of orginizing search crew
If We get call at midnight We don't go out till morning
And somtimes it gets dam cold from 8:00 at night till 8:00 in the morning

Top Bottom