Milwaukee tools

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my work van I have the pack out track system on the floors, tool boxes click into this like Velcro, then I have lights and vacuums that all part of the packout system. When I was at KMS they came out including the Milwaukee rep to look at the van setup. I'll get some pics posted. The entire system works great. You can hit the brakes and everything stays. And if you have to move larger items the stuff all stacks like Legos. I do believe that Milwaukee has that packout system in the bag, and are ahead of Dewalt on that. They sell all three brands, Milwalkee, Dewalt and Makita at KMS, the red stuff seems dominates that store. Lots of different tools.

That is true. My yellow tools are in the red boxes.

Only draw back is you need to I stack them all to open the boxes in the middle or bottom.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more need for the fancy compressors. Cordless at my place and great warranty

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just built the kids a playground using only cordless tools. It's unreal how much nicer it is not having any power cords strung around. Good to hear about Milwaukee. Most of my old tools are ridgid, which outside of the horrible first set of batteries and ridgids joke of a warranty (had to buy new battery's myself) have been great. Bought a Milwaukee drill and impact a while ago. Pretty happy with them but I don't think they're brushless, and they came with small battery's.

received_440899043678219.jpg

The big greasy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just built the kids a playground using only cordless tools. It's unreal how much nicer it is not having any power cords strung around. Good to hear about Milwaukee. Most of my old tools are ridgid, which outside of the horrible first set of batteries and ridgids joke of a warranty (had to buy new battery's myself) have been great. Bought a Milwaukee drill and impact a while ago. Pretty happy with them but I don't think they're brushless, and they came with small battery's.

View attachment 234949

is that cedar?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my Dewalt tools, but Milwaukee are good too. I find it's way too oversimplified to say one brand is better than the other, I like the brushless Dewalt drills much better, but no-one can beat the Milwaukee impacts in breakaway torque, but I've never found a nut my half inch Dewalt couldn't break either. I find some of the big Milwaukee tools pull far to many amps from the batteries, and put them in pack protection mode or overheat them. Dewalt does have a confusing product line, drills for example have so many models only a few dollars apart, one could be a good product with a steel chuck casing and brushless motor, while the model only a few dollars cheaper has a plastic casing on the chuck and a brushed motor.

IME the biggest difference is a brushless motor, battery life and tool output are just so much better. As long as the tool isn't a mastercraft or ryobi, those just belong in the garbage.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maximum 1/2 inch impact is rated at 750, it is a bit heavy but it has power. I have all maximum, i cannot complain. Bought my son and son in law the dewalt 1/2 impacts almost 500 bucks each with tax. My other son in law has Milwaukee 1" , 3/4" and 1/2 inch for his logging truck i have use them a lot. I have been meaning to bring my maximum over to see how it stacks up on the logging truck nuts but have not done that yet.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my Dewalt tools, but Milwaukee are good too. I find it's way too oversimplified to say one brand is better than the other, I like the brushless Dewalt drills much better, but no-one can beat the Milwaukee impacts in breakaway torque, but I've never found a nut my half inch Dewalt couldn't break either. I find some of the big Milwaukee tools pull far to many amps from the batteries, and put them in pack protection mode or overheat them. Dewalt does have a confusing product line, drills for example have so many models only a few dollars apart, one could be a good product with a steel chuck casing and brushless motor, while the model only a few dollars cheaper has a plastic casing on the chuck and a brushed motor.

IME the biggest difference is a brushless motor, battery life and tool output are just so much better. As long as the tool isn't a mastercraft or ryobi, those just belong in the garbage.

The dewalt impact is nice, but i've come across tons of bolts it can't budge, i'd guess it's actual torque is maybe 250 ft/lbs tops.

Those lines have their place. I have a ryobi cordless brad nailer, super cheap but it works great. Mastercraft air nailers are cheap and bulletproof.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dewalt impact is nice, but i've come across tons of bolts it can't budge, i'd guess it's actual torque is maybe 250 ft/lbs tops.

Depends on the model, as usual with DeWalt. I've got this one, supposed to be good for 1200ft-lbs break away. Gotta be careful putting tires back on, more than a couple hits at the lowest setting will over torque a 120ft-lb wheel nut.

https://www.kmstools.com/dewalt-20v-max-xr-1-2-impact-wrench-kit-143760

Maybe some people have luck with the Ryobi or Mastercraft stuff, I haven't.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve got probably close to 40 Milwaukee tools, and absolutely love them. Only thing I use my big air compressor for now is blowing out my sprinklers.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also picked up some new Milwaukee tools at KMS last weekend when they had there 3 day sale, all brushless should out live my azz. Good warranty as well and KMS throws in an additional 1 year on top, hopefully won't have to rely on it though. Lot of guys i see on various jobsite's have these as well as Dewalt but i see more Dewalt thrown in the trash than Mill's though. Talked with a rep there and his opinion was Dewalt is getting better but not quite as good yet as Mak or Mill. That KMS is a man's candy store though coulda probably spent a 2G in there though thought i better leave before got to carried away lol!

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought the m18 fuel 1/2 & 3/8 inch impact from kms a year ago. Got tiered of pulling wrenches swapping out gps equipment on our machines. Charged them when I got them and left hem so in my truck over the winter. The batteries were still fully charged. The 1/2 was used once and the 3/8 wasn’t used.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very nice dean, now people will ask you to build for them. Do you build for a living ?

Can you buy wood from Blackmore ?

Thanks. I've done a bit of building but I'm a full time stay at home mom these days. No Blackmore wood here. Wife's uncle has a mill. Sure wish I would have just bought one when I first started looking at them

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I need to make a purchase tomorrow or the next day. I have always loved DeWalt for the reliability and pure toughness. But now after reading this thread over again, and for the price point. I'm thinking I'll be going to Milwaukee

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I need to make a purchase tomorrow or the next day. I have always loved DeWalt for the reliability and pure toughness. But now after reading this thread over again, and for the price point. I'm thinking I'll be going to Milwaukee

Good plan. You won’t regret buying them.

Top Bottom