Mid-Sized SUV's

t300

Reaction score
Had A 17 and a 22 Honda pilot touring, awesome. Just picked up a 24 touring last week. Even more awesome. Can’t say enough good things about the pilot. MIL has had a couple Yukons and too big for us but pilot is perfect size.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with 4 kids in a mid size? We're torn between something like a Highlander and an expedition max. Would rather get the Highlander because it will probably be more efficient for most of what we do. Just worried about getting one and wishing we had something bigger

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kia telluride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the reliability of those. But people who live around the corner from me have one. It’s white with black rims and is tinted black. It’s a nice looking vehicle!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with 4 kids in a mid size? We're torn between something like a Highlander and an expedition max. Would rather get the Highlander because it will probably be more efficient for most of what we do. Just worried about getting one and wishing we had something bigger
We love the max,so much room
And actually really good on fuel with the 3.5 ecoboost, lots and lots of nice features, we had a 4runner abd looked at the highlander and decided the max was a better fit, with 4-5 people in the highland there not much room for anything else and if you travel and need the storage space the max has that where the highlander didnt

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're outgrowing the Wife's Colorado, and she wants to replace it with a 3 row SUV. What's good out there? We don't need something right now, but we want to have the vehicle decided in case it's a model that takes a while to order in. We don't need/want a full sized SUV, but don't want something that looks like a minivan, or a Dodge/Jeep/Stellantis product. Also don't want something Exotic that we'd have to drive to Edmonton to get warranty work or service done on.

Right now we kinda like:
2024 Volkswagen Atlas
2024 Honda Pilot
2024 Toyota Grand Highlander (would likely go Hybrid)

The 2024 Ford Explorer or 2024 GM Acadia or Traverse could be options, of course there's not any on lots to look at or test drive.

Am I missing any we should be looking at? Reliability and Fuel Economy are priorities for us.
I think you’ve got them in the correct order for the first three if I was a buyer. I do like the qx60 Too. Domestic yikes I don’t think so.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We picked up a 23 wagoneer series 3. Had it for a year, 7000km now and no issues. Works great for our family👌

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1974 Pontiac Grande Safari with a high speed gear set backed up by a Aftermarket super-charged 455 ...

Seats 9,,, plush ride,,, fast,,, great on fuel,,, Woody side panels,,, bullet-proff t-400 tranny and a roof rack too pack a 900 lb Moose
Screenshot_20240205_190437_Samsung Internet.jpg

Who doesn't love a Pontiac...

They say they were SUV before SUV's became sexy... lol

I think they came with a am/ fm/ 8 track cassette and an ash tray when your ripping down the road in your blue's brothers suits smoking cigar's...

7500 lbs of roll-ing beast fully loaded with the family and hockey gear ...

Just saying...

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 kids in a highlander?

You don’t have any hockey bags?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the Yukon XL when you can have the Caddy.

Last edited:

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll also add the Santa Fe's AWD system is every bit as good as my old 2004 Jeep GC, which could climb walls!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why the Yukon XL when you can have the Caddy.

Big ole tank with 275 hp. Lol

For that kind of money it should come with the real duramax..

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have some friends with a telluride, it's nice and they like it but if I want 300k km out of something it's not going to be Korean.
Also the Explorer ST is pretty fun to drive and has massaging seats but it doesn't use space as well as the other 3 row mid sizes.

For the guy with 4 kids basically none of these have much room for storage with the 3rd row up. If you are a hockey family it's a hard pass and even if not you better be comfortable putting a Thule on it. If I had 4 littles it would be Yukon XL time.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big ole tank with 275 hp. Lol

For that kind of money it should come with the real duramax..

Its the torque that matters…

And it’s basically a 1/2 ton… that platform only comes in the smaller Dmax packages

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the torque that matters…

And it’s basically a 1/2 ton… that platform only comes in the smaller Dmax packages

My milwakee impact has more torque then that. Its HP that matters to.me bud and that thing is weak ass....

Top Bottom