Mice in 5th wheel!!

PJ440x

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advise! I will do a few things differently moving forward.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? No I'm not. Not sure what that would have to do with Mice even if I were.

Just trash talk lol.... Lots of post about towing or carrying to much with a half ton.
ugh mice, my next new trailer I'm going to order it with mice because the little sob's get in there anyways ...theres no stopping them. Lots of traps and I'm always checking it through out the winter.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A ice cream pail with a inch of 80W90 oil in it will collect a lot of mice I discovered this about 6 mouths ago.

they jump in the pail and could not get back out

I think this would work great in a camper LOL

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Always remember to check your traps daily if its hot out. We had 1 mouse in a trap for a week at 25c and our trailer smelt bad. For such a little creature they sure have a big stink when dead

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to beat the mice problem you have to think like a mouse. This came in the course of a couple beers and a lawn chair staring at my trailer. There is only 4 places they can access the trailer. The wheels and the front jacks on a fifth wheel. I did as much mouse proofing as possible on the trailer then put bar bait and traps at all 4 access points. I check my traps every week and clean them of dead mice and freshen up my peanut butter once a month. I haven't had mice yet in 10 years knock on wood and my unit sits in a cold storage building on the farm with smooth cement floor.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once a mouse dies it starts to liquify,they have parasites in there bodies that is why they stink so bad,we would catch them in the print shop in traps but we taped the trap to cardboard so the fluid won't stain the floor,then just throw the trap,mouse and paper out,traps are cheap but trying to get that out of a carpet in your trailer is not easy

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a bucket 1/2 full of water works too

Except for winter... Antifreeze is your friend, just keep it away from animals/kids.

Build a little ramp, make a little wheel in the middle covered in peanut butter and when they walk on it spins and puts them swimming.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mice are lazy... look for the easiest way to get in, put a fence plank on 1 wheel (a ramp) with poisoned bait on top, worked fine for me, kept them out of trailer, also use bars of Irish Spring, seems to work as well, then again , they never got that far ...

kiertin.young

Reaction score
There is a coating that you can spray on your undercarriage. It detours mice and other rodents. It needs to be reapplied yearly it costs around $175
I bought mine from Sellers RV in Lloydminster I can't remember what the stuff is called but it's been working great

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find out where the power comes into the interior. If it's like mine was the hole in the floor is 4" and the wad of wires are 3". They just walked right in. I used steel wool and urethane sprayed around the hole . No problems in the last 6 years. As said already. Food is bad to leave in the trailer. Even a dirty oven or even a portable bbq smells wicked to a mouse.

Top Bottom