Mexico

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s that easy for us unvaxed to fly outside of Canada that’s awesome, I won’t be spending much of the winter in Canada, gotta make up for lost time. How come they say no travelling though? I assumed you had to show proof of vax to fly?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong. Go check it out some time. If its anything like it was 10 years ago, its nutz....

Think I just found the spot for next years boys trip haha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it’s that easy for us unvaxed to fly outside of Canada that’s awesome, I won’t be spending much of the winter in Canada, gotta make up for lost time. How come they say no travelling though? I assumed you had to show proof of vax to fly?
You have to if you want to fly to the US but not on a direct flight to Mexico. The US does not require you to have a Covid test preflight now and it’s not mandatory to wear a mask on a plane in the US. I think you still have to wear one leaving Canada though.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to if you want to fly to the US but not on a direct flight to Mexico. The US does not require you to have a Covid test preflight now and it’s not mandatory to wear a mask on a plane in the US. I think you still have to wear one leaving Canada though.
If its a US airline flying from Canada to the US you can remove your mask as soon as the door is closed.
Canadian airline you have to keep your mask on until the plane lands.
Those were the rules a month ago when I flew to Austin.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its a US airline flying from Canada to the US you can remove your mask as soon as the door is closed.
Canadian airline you have to keep your mask on until the plane lands.
Those were the rules a month ago when I flew to Austin.
Yeah been reading the updates from Delta as we are flying them for our St Thomas/Dominican trip this fall. Just on a side note my flights to Miami and back have had 6 updates already and we are still months away.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah been reading the updates from Delta as we are flying them for our St Thomas/Dominican trip this fall. Just on a side note my flights to Miami and back have had 6 updates already and we are still months away.
So far our flights to Mexico in November have not changed

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far our flights to Mexico in November have not changed

We just went to cancun in April, our flight times changed 7 times in the last three months, and at the end of it all we flew out 30 mins before our original scheduled time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ah ok, so the key is you're ok as long as no connecting flights in the US. Not ideal, but I guess should still be able to go many places. No interest in Mexico, I was thinking like Australia, New Zealand, or possibly Europe.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just went to cancun in April, our flight times changed 7 times in the last three months, and at the end of it all we flew out 30 mins before our original scheduled time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we went in February we had 1 change on our flights to Mexico.
Wow 7 times.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they have they have a Temptation resort in Cabo too. Wasnt nealy as crazy as the one in Cancun though 😇

Now that im a grown up think id go the air bb route and get a nice house with a pool.

Resorts arent really my thing, but temptation was a time...

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few years ago we went to Excellence Isla Mujeres. Adult resort on North end of cancun. Was a very nice place and great staff. Was pretty quiet by about 10 at night tho but sure a nice place to relax.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they have they have a Temptation resort in Cabo too. Wasnt nealy as crazy as the one in Cancun though 😇

Now that im a grown up think id go the air bb route and get a nice house with a pool.

Resorts arent really my thing, but temptation was a time...
Last trip to Sayulita that's what we did. House with a pool, won't ever do a resort again.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like so far for those who are unvax/ or not wanting to comply with the arrivecan tyranny, like many folks coming back to Canada, the fines for not complying have mostly been thrown out before going to court.

Hopefully more cases to follow to Help solidify the precedent.

I’m debating a Mexico trip myself.... but not sure I’d come back.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tamarindo, Costa Rica is a great spot. Did the Air BNB there. fairly low key, but one can find some fun light life.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about the airbnb route is trying to figure out every meal. I've heard of some places providing a butler/chef though

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing I don't like about the airbnb route is trying to figure out every meal. I've heard of some places providing a butler/chef though
I liked trying different restaurants, ate at 5 star to street food vendors, Never had a bad meal in 10 days.
Had some groceries in the fridge for easy and quick lunches.

Top Bottom