McBride Conditions

ski-doo

Reaction score
wow thats quite the job to get that cat out. How far back were you?

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had an excellent ride over new years, rode lucille with the family on sat, pretty packed in the usual areas, dropped into butterfly had the place to ourselves for a while was good in there, not all packed or tracked out, also dropped into the trees below the waterfall and played in deep powder in the trees and meadows. rode teare sun, not a soul in there, snow was awesome, deep powder with a real nice base. mon was a wash, weather didn't cooperate so we packed up early. going out again 20-22 to play in more unmarked powder.keep on snowing.:) :cool:

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

Anyone Going To Mcbride This Weekend. Three Of Us Will Be Rideing Friday And Saturday In The Shaw. Looks Like Snow Will Be Good, I Don't Know About Temp ???

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't get thru from Grande Cache. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the Willmore Wilderness Park. I've heard of guys crossing between Kakwa Lakes and McBride; but I would guess that fuel would become an issue.:alarm:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride.

Just returned from the hills. Good conditions. Rode Lucille Friday, 1-3ft of fresh. Dropped into Butterfly late in the day, untouched and a solid 2 1/2-3ft of fresh. Visibility was good. Rode Renshaw Sat. and conditions very good. About 4 steps down to the cabin. Weather not co-operating, on and off flurries, white light, cloudy. Broke trail up and over 2nd saddle with snow flying over the hood and handlebars. Dropped to the floor and just played in the trees and gullies. 1-3ft of fresh. Was going to go for a 1/2 day Sunday but wind was blowing very hard so just decided to go home. Did talk to a local about S. Dore and as far as he knew no one had gone in yet because the lower valley had not gotten a lot of snowfall keeping the river open. J.C.Higgins.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Renshaw on Friday.....unreal powder everywhere.:hi: We had to make loops around stuck sleds a couple of times so they could get moving. I saw alot of shoveling and downhill parking in there. I got stuck once on a climb, and just tramped the snow on the downhill side of my sled, then rolled it over out of the hole.:specool:

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
We rode Renshaw on Friday.....unreal powder everywhere.:hi: We had to make loops around stuck sleds a couple of times so they could get moving. I saw alot of shoveling and downhill parking in there. I got stuck once on a climb, and just tramped the snow on the downhill side of my sled, then rolled it over out of the hole.:specool:

OK, enough of this working crap. Headed out on Friday at 5AM. Please leave some snow for us and turn off the wind machine.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we went back into south dore between chistmas and new years, was good riding. Went to the top of glacier, but decided not to drop over.

rmk800

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
play time

Off to Mcbride on Wed. for the day, hope to hook-up with someone out there for a day ride. Then I am off to Val. for 3 days, hope the weather will be with me. Barry

buckshot

Reaction score
bbtoys... 2 of us heading to McBride Wed AM for the day. You could probably ride with us once your out there. What are you riding?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 07 800 151. Thanks for the invite and I would like to do that. Will PM you Tues. pm to give you my cell. Barry

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted some pics of our McBride/Valemount trip last weekend. Check them out in the photo gallery/Shredder's Shots. Just lookin' at them gets me itchin' to go again.:D

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there Ron! Are you the guy i met up in mcrbide when we pulled that dead sled out?? looks like your sled in your avitar pic but hard to tell haha anyways let me know! I got lots more cool pics you can post if you like, even short vids of 120 foot jump. Would like to catch you on another sleddin trip. see ya

Josh Hommy

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, for the most part you should be able to get around. Just make sure you stop on a downhill slope haha. Everyone has problems getting stuck all day long in that kind of snow. But for your average ride, you should be more then capable. My old man just got the new m1000, i have the 06 M7 with nitrous. If you buy a new one i recommend the 1000 with pipes and some clutching. No one could touch me on my dads m1000. or even come close. Even with my nitrous i couldn't for that matter, he's pushing 200hp. Those machines are wild. New M8 would also be a great sled if you dont want to go too big. I would still recommend some aftermarket clutching tho. Good luck!

Josh Hommy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Josh, that was a friends 600 Cat, That the main shaft broke. The aftermarket extended warentee did not cover either cost him just over 600 to fix. Look around in the McBride forum I posted a thanks with some pics to you guys..I rode the 800 black summit

RON

sledder800

Reaction score
McBride Weekend

Just back from weekend in McBride. Went to Renshaw Saturday, parking was at a premium, haven't seen that many sleds up there in a long time. Trail was great, area pretty tracked but went off the beaten track and found lots of powder to play in. A few dead sleds scattering the hills, some not so easy to pull out without the help of a copter. Weather was awesome, Saturday a little clouded over but sun came out early aftenoon and for the rest of the weekend. They do need snow. Noticed lots of sleds coming in on Sunday as we drove home.

Top Bottom