marinating steaks

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree tenderloin is the best way to go too but I need some seasoning on my steak.

well tonight my boy said to stop and get some good steaks......so we went to the local store, because the good meat shop was closed being sunday.......he said, "why are some steaks half the size and twice the money".......I said, "because it is the type of meat and where it comes from".......he said "dont it all come from the cow"......I said, "yes, but if the Buick Regal and the Grand National both come from the same factory being GM.....why are they so different".......he said "oh ......I get it" (glad he knows his car stuff) lol.......so he got the Grand National meat.......enough tender loin for the two of us for $25......lol it was funny when he said this meat has big boost too lol......is said it better for the price lol

BBQ 4 min on one side and 4 on the other side......with seasoning and BBQ sauce......and potatoes in butter and spice in the tinfoil pocket on the BBQ........he ate more than me almost........we had enough for four people but he was hungry for a 10 year old lol.......guess he is growing again.....lol

Last edited:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dunno if its been mentioned haven't read thru, but occasionally i marinate some thick steaks in nothing but Butter and hot sauce and your fav seasonings.. really good!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of the butter thing before???? Have me interested in trying.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Simplest and best tasting that I have found (in my opinion) is just Montreal steak spice, pepper, and garlic salt/powder. Sprinkle on each side, poke the chit outta the steak with a fork, put in bag/container and leave it in the fridge for a few days. The key to a good steak is aging, i leave my steak in the fridge for 2-4days and then BBQ to however you like, but of course rare-medium is the best tasting. Top it off with the sawmill steak sauce (that creamy sesame one) and it tastes unreal!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of the butter thing before???? Have me interested in trying.

Well, my buddy used to partially own/manage The Keg & Outback Steakhouse, this recipe came from him.. :rolleyes:

growing up I worked the grill at the Keg,, learned lots cooking 400 steaks a nite

butter brushing the steak while cooking is the key to extra flavor,, the bbq sauce is not for me......as well just keg spice/montreal steak spice and cook away, of course with nice hunk of meat ie tenderloin..

the tuff stuff needs the vinegar and coke so to speak.......

but try the butter brushing its KEY

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok butter brushing it is!! Another thing I tried and still use sometimes is montreal steak spice in a pepper mill. Still has the same flavour, just not as strong.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Brush with butter NOT margarine Weatherford spice (I put the sh!t on everything) grill it for couple minutes then brush on bullseye mixed with some brown sugar with a touch on vinegar and soy sauce cause I like sticky BBQ sauce.......take it from a fat guy it good

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
growing up I worked the grill at the Keg,, learned lots cooking 400 steaks a nite

butter brushing the steak while cooking is the key to extra flavor,, the bbq sauce is not for me......as well just keg spice/montreal steak spice and cook away, of course with nice hunk of meat ie tenderloin..

the tuff stuff needs the vinegar and coke so to speak.......

but try the butter brushing its KEY

So for say 4 nice steaks how much vinegar and coke would one use in the marinade and how long woud you leave it marinade like that for?

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to marinate a lot of steaks, but now i find that just some olive oil and montreal steak spice is all it needs. i also brush on garlic butter as it cooks. all the other stuf(marinating) takes away from the flavor of the STEAK i find.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bang on Buck50...now everyone knows :(

When I feed people that will only eat steak well done...I marinate their steak in watered down teriyaki sauce, this makes the steak "look" well done at medium rare, I get a lot of compliments about how tender and juicy the steak is ;)

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bang on Buck50...now everyone knows :(

When I feed people that will only eat steak well done...I marinate their steak in watered down teriyaki sauce, this makes the steak "look" well done at medium rare, I get a lot of compliments about how tender and juicy the steak is ;)
hahahahah, i will have to remember that trick!!!! my wife used to like her steaks well done, and i've gotten her down to medium, almost meduim rare now. she doesn't mind the color, just the blood oozing out as she says!!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant wait to try one of these this weekend, going to start marinating tonight

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to go looking for this post again. Got some kickass steaks I am going to marinade for tomorrow and some pork that is going on the grill tonight. The had some angus steaks at safeway today that were raised without antiboitics or hormones. Fricken expensive but there is only one way to find out if they are any good.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I basted in olive oil, sprinkled with garlic powder and covered in montreal steak spice and ground pepper. marinated in fridge for four days. FRIGGEN AWSOME. oh, and basted with butter while cooking.

Top Bottom