Man beaten for reporting drunk driver in Wabamun

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lahey99 was out at Wabamum this weekend and he and the GF had no sleep due to the inconsideration of a group of partyiers next to them, I wonder if it is the same group. No one came to make them shut up as there may have been an officer on call but they weren't patrolling. I thought that was why you paid the extra bucks for the peace and quiet and security? I feel for the guy. I have seen too many drunken idiots behind the wheel to number. The worst was about 12 years ago at Wolf, guy was driving like a maniac, peeling his tires on dirt ( didn't think that was even possible) finally smoking a tree killing the truck, the next morning they hauled that truck out of there before the cops showed up. The cops finally kicked them out as all the rest of campers and us were right choked. The group left such a mess that the conservation officers had to file charges against the woman who booked the spot. some people!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The law's in this country sometime just amazed me , the justice system in Canada is f#$%^D they should bring Texas law's lol

We don't have a "justice" system in Canada. Haven't for years. We do however have a totally screwed up "legal" system that spends more time pandering to the vocal minority than punishing those that need to be punished.
:realmad:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is only 1500 deaths each year from drunk driving, and usually not the drunks.... how dare this guy stop them from driving

the thing that amazes me is how many people still find drinking and driving hilarious. soo many people talking in my ear about how many dui's theyve aquired or how many close calls they had expecting me to be impressed. your a loser fug off.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lahey99 was out at Wabamum this weekend and he and the GF had no sleep due to the inconsideration of a group of partyiers next to them, I wonder if it is the same group. No one came to make them shut up as there may have been an officer on call but they weren't patrolling. I thought that was why you paid the extra bucks for the peace and quiet and security? I feel for the guy. I have seen too many drunken idiots behind the wheel to number. The worst was about 12 years ago at Wolf, guy was driving like a maniac, peeling his tires on dirt ( didn't think that was even possible) finally smoking a tree killing the truck, the next morning they hauled that truck out of there before the cops showed up. The cops finally kicked them out as all the rest of campers and us were right choked. The group left such a mess that the conservation officers had to file charges against the woman who booked the spot. some people!

This amazes me, I have camped at wab many many times, and have had the park warden shut us down for sitting down at the table playing cards with 4 of us for being "too loud" have also had them come to my camper and ask me to turn the radio down with just me and the gf inside playing cards..... This sounds like an unusual situation to me for not only wab but any provincial park....not saying I agree with the behavior or anything just wondering how this weekend all this chit when on when in the past we can't play cards after 9:00 with out being too loud.......with just 2-5 people

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This amazes me, I have camped at wab many many times, and have had the park warden shut us down for sitting down at the table playing cards with 4 of us for being "too loud" have also had them come to my camper and ask me to turn the radio down with just me and the gf inside playing cards..... This sounds like an unusual situation to me for not only wab but any provincial park....not saying I agree with the behavior or anything just wondering how this weekend all this chit when on when in the past we can't play cards after 9:00 with out being too loud.......with just 2-5 people
gotta agree with you Chris, the provincial campgrounds I've stayed at are the same. pretty much zero tolerance for noise in the evening, been asked many times to turn the music down or off and anyone in the camp that isn't registered asked to leave after 11pm. seen guys get all yappy with the park dudes and they just come back with more officers, or call in the RC's.

rens27

Reaction score
Last time I checked there wasn't to many 61 year olds running around starting fights with groups of people.......just sayin.

You haven't met my father then. He can still finish a fight even at 65. He just has to do it faster than when he was younger.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
As for the cops asking him to leave. Check they're options. Arrest the ones of the six they have the grounds to arrest, convince the other "drunk ones" to DRIVE HOME. Or ask the calmer sober guy to leave and leave the others in the supervised camp ground.

I know they were in the wrong and it's chitty for the other guy but the safest easier way to diffuse the situation

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's because of azzholes like that the provincial parks are booze free on long weekends!They keep acting like that and the smaller campgrounds will be the same!!You want to act like an azzhole go out in the bush where you won't bother anyone and be as loud as you want!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's because of azzholes like that the provincial parks are booze free on long weekends!They keep acting like that and the smaller campgrounds will be the same!!You want to act like an azzhole go out in the bush where you won't bother anyone and be as loud as you want!!

Then they would bother the grizzly bears..............................................hey wait a minute. That would be good. Right?

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah but your saying finish and I'm saying starting, I wouldnt doubt that he can still finish them. lol

You haven't met my father then. He can still finish a fight even at 65. He just has to do it faster than when he was younger.

Last edited:

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prick or not this mob mentality that I hear about everyday is crap. I bet those guys sure feel tuff now. Kinda funny it only took one other guy to show up and by the sounds of it they backed off right away. What is 6 on 1 ok for them, but 6 on 2 to much (might get a beating if there is 2 guys). I say good on the guy for stopping them, sorry it was at the expense of your safety, but I thank him and we will never know who's life he may have saved.

Ever been to an old folks home? Those guys are pricks!:rolleyes:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing i find amazing is even when drunks are having a so called good time....there still is fighting.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prick or not this mob mentality that I hear about everyday is crap. I bet those guys sure feel tuff now. Kinda funny it only took one other guy to show up and by the sounds of it they backed off right away. What is 6 on 1 ok for them, but 6 on 2 to much (might get a beating if there is 2 guys). I say good on the guy for stopping them, sorry it was at the expense of your safety, but I thank him and we will never know who's life he may have saved.
Probably the first of the generation that were not allowed to receive a zero in school!Probably failed math and can't add!!It's not their fault it's the school system!!!BULLSH..!!!!!

Top Bottom