Maintenance so important!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The most recent Xp i bought was giving me issues with the throttle sticking, damn near killed me actually. I'm assuming the guy I bought it from ran it mostly at half throttle because it wasn't getting hot enough too burn off the excess crap. I have sen dirty power valves but these were over the top.
f77edee4069f69c10c9af32b02f1c441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The most recent Xp i bought was giving me issues with the throttle sticking, damn near killed me actually. I'm assuming the guy I bought it from ran it mostly at half throttle because it wasn't getting hot enough too burn off the excess crap. I have sen dirty power valves but these were over the top. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160117/f77edee4069f69c10c9af32b02f1c441.jpg

What abut your throttle cable? Those valves don't even look bad, just oily. A 600 cat motor I bought for my Snopro I couldn't even get to valves out of the cylinders they were so gunked up, nothing beats a razor blade and carb cleaner, then a big rag. Sometimes I soak mine in sea foam and gas overnight.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh that sled just got 6 hrs of maintenance from a buddy of mine who is a doo mechanic and just works on the side. Serviced , clutches chain case power valves cleaned carbes new plugs and belt , went over the rest, I am now confident in my sled number 2 , cable is fine, may replace after mountainmania if I feel the need!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh ya, last day too get ticketsdon't miss out

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that sled you bought has had the powervalve mod done to and this was mentioned to you at the time of sale and it was also noted that the valves need to cleaned every season because of that and they werent done because it hadnt been rode the last season and that they should be been cleaned before riding. Throttle never stuck once.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil pump cable 99% guarantee sticking on a older xp

Should have been a recall it's so common

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oven cleaner and a zip lock bag is what you need to use to clean the power valves. Spray the chit out of them with oven cleaner throw them into a zip lick bag over night. And wipe them clean the next day!

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power valve doesn't look that bad. Ive seen a lot worse that still ran good. Also has nothing to do with your throttle sticking. Like already said, check your oil cable.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bring this back too the top, just seen the posts about the throttle sticking caused by oil injection cable, something I never heard of, will replaced asap , who would have thought, thx guys!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck, it's in a hell of a spot. changed mine when I put a new shortblock in. cable was worn over halfway thru, I bent the oil cable bracket a bit so that it didn't rub the sheath as bad. you'll see why they wear when you get to it. oh and check your lower coolant hose while you're in there, mine was rubbing on the bulkhead getting thin.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thx , will let you know how it goes

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still haven't got too it, but thx, ride my Poo for now !

Top Bottom