M8 Sno Pro Suspension Set Up????

Green=Go!

Reaction score
Just bought a used 2008 M8 Sno Pro, and am finding the rear suspension is way too soft. Does anybody know what the air settings should be on the front shocks and for the rear air shock? I am about 200lbs.

The rear shock looks like it has about 100lbs air pressure, but I am thinking the coiled shock at the front of the tunnel might need adjusted as well. Any thoughts????:confused::confused:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your upper rear idler wheel mount*, it has 2 holes, the 08s are factory set up to be in the top hole, move to the bottom. This changes the angle on the rear arm and should help.

As for how much pressure, we have customers running as much as 130 in their rear shocks.

Last edited:

m8cat

Reaction score
The factory set-up is 145 in rear and 65 in front...although it will be like driving a grain truck....Mine is at 125 in rear, front track shock one turn up from factory (about 4-5 threads showing...seems to work pretty good. I have not changed which hole the upper idlers are in and am curious what the difference will be . Maybe femme can help both of us out...

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just set mine last night and it was 120 and brought it up to 140

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, sorry i should have given more info!

When you drop to the bottom hole, it makes the suspension stiffer, and gives you a bit more clearance and help clear snow better!
BUT... it puts the pressure on the skis.... so tighten your front suspension shock about 3/4 of the way.

NOTE: make sure when you adjust the pressure on your Float shocks make sure there is no weight on the shock. You can either hang the unit so the whole track is about an inch off the ground, or tip it on its side.Don't be afraid to run 140 or max it out at 150.

m8cat

Reaction score
also one more tidbit , air pressure should be set when shocks are at riding temperature ie. cold outside weather..set mine first in the nice warm shop....result too soft when air temp drops...

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a used 2008 M8 Sno Pro, and am finding the rear suspension is way too soft. Does anybody know what the air settings should be on the front shocks and for the rear air shock? I am about 200lbs.

The rear shock looks like it has about 100lbs air pressure, but I am thinking the coiled shock at the front of the tunnel might need adjusted as well. Any thoughts????:confused::confused:

should be able to go up to 120-130 psi. may take awhile with the little pump:d:d but its do able, also, there is an adjustment where you can lower the suspension one bolt hole -(upper big black boggie that hangs down) this will give the back arm better leverage for "realsize riders" - any other questions give me a call, i would be happy to help you out., the M8 is an awesome sled.....

Terry

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running my back shock at 125 I think. Front right 50, front left 55 to compensate for the sag from weight distribution. I'm 170 lbs give or take before gear.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should be able to go up to 120-130 psi. may take awhile with the little pump:d:d but its do able, also, there is an adjustment where you can lower the suspension one bolt hole -(upper big black boggie that hangs down) this will give the back arm better leverage for "realsize riders" - any other questions give me a call, i would be happy to help you out., the M8 is an awesome sled.....

Terry

Terry...
Were you reading the thread... I recommended these things already..... Nothing better than redundancy at T&T LOL

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry...
Were you reading the thread... I recommended these things already..... Nothing better than redundancy at T&T LOL

Speaking of which, how do you guys get anything done there?! Two employees on an online forum at once... Makes a guy wonder :d

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, how do you guys get anything done there?! Two employees on an online forum at once... Makes a guy wonder :d

Not to hijack or anything, but I can multi-task..... And he's the boss - so that takes care of him...

how do you get work done? LOL

Green=Go!

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your input. Just a question though regarding taking the weight off of the shocks when adjusting them. Why do you have to do that? I adjusted them a bit before I had made this post and never thought of removing the weight. Any harm do you think?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't dropping down the front idler wheels steepen up the track attack angle even more resulting in less climbing performance in the mountains?I know most guys want smaller attack angle so they drop and roll.Or am I wrong?

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't dropping down the front idler wheels steepen up the track attack angle even more resulting in less climbing performance in the mountains?I know most guys want smaller attack angle so they drop and roll.Or am I wrong?

you aren't touching the front idler wheels.... I say rear upper idler wheel, but i mean the rear tunnel mount - same place. It doesn't change your attack angle. =)

Top Bottom