M1100 turbo belt blowing fix

Coady rideout

Reaction score
Will I been doing a lot of research on this issue with the belt blowing problem and I just put the update kit with the new bushing and bearings which did nothing.i am on my 5th belt now with 570 miles, I have called almost ever place possible with this issue, one stop performance is shaving 90 thow off the back of the secondary to bring it closer inwards as well as Glenn hall on my buddies z1 turbo he built he shaved 60 thow off. I had my sled lifted up and running it for 3 or 4 min and the inner sleeve on the primary is getting hot fast and the inner sleeve on the back is also getting hot but not as hot, I think this means the secondary has to go in farther from what I been reading on all the forms, Tuesday I'm taking the clutch to a machane shop in Saskatoon to try it out worse happen is I shim it back to the same as what I take off

3-J

Reaction score
Same problem on my m1100. It's been in the shop more days then its seen the out side. I blew 3 belts in 25 miles. Was not happy ordered the team secondary put it on and blew 2 more. Ended up going with a shock wave secondary and the mechanics have a half day of riding hard on it and haven't blown a belt off yet. Hopefully this is a solution but I will be testing it better when I head out west.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
added the CPC Torsional kit with 38/44 helix & green spring
vented the pizz out of it
running carlisle belt
200 miles to the good now and the belt is looking great so far
clutches are substantially cooler then before i did the changes

Last edited:

tool_man

Reaction score
Will I been doing a lot of research on this issue with the belt blowing problem and I just put the update kit with the new bushing and bearings which did nothing.i am on my 5th belt now with 570 miles, I have called almost ever place possible with this issue, one stop performance is shaving 90 thow off the back of the secondary to bring it closer inwards as well as Glenn hall on my buddies z1 turbo he built he shaved 60 thow off. I had my sled lifted up and running it for 3 or 4 min and the inner sleeve on the primary is getting hot fast and the inner sleeve on the back is also getting hot but not as hot, I think this means the secondary has to go in farther from what I been reading on all the forms, Tuesday I'm taking the clutch to a machane shop in Saskatoon to try it out worse happen is I shim it back to the same as what I take off

How did you make out and where did you take it?

c-dog

Reaction score
i did the ctc torsional and adjustable weights . no help. 2 chewed up belts in 30 miles. check motor alignment, mines out and thats what they say is the problem , not that cat will help with there defective junk anyways. nothing like spending 160000$ on a brand new machine just so you can spend thousands more to make it mtn ready. or spend 250$ a day on a new belt. been riding cats since the m7 but their customer support and poor quality machines will have them out of sled business soon.

Reaction score
Evo stage 3 tcl delete. Problem solved. Do it once and don't worry about it from there on

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you also do the float kit with the torsional kit?
cheap cheat/fix to try is the Carlisle XS809 belt($100), if your center to center is a bit long(belt breaking into a million pieces) this will help

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 7 tooth with the shaft and clutching update Part # 0637-463. I'm back to running stock belt and I can actually touch the secondary clutch after riding for a while. Seems to have helped out. not to mention it feels like its got better bottom end now too.

Attachments

• 0637-463-1_1.jpg
    0637-463-1_1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 209

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Evo stage 3 tcl delete. Problem solved. Do it once and don't worry about it from there on
X2 - the TCL Delete is the way to go on the 1100T, especially when adding power. Get ahold of Gene at WKM (JustBoostIt) on forum - he will hook you up.

6000fthigh

Reaction score
if you can get hold of a OSP alignment tool it will show you what the problem is and cat not going to help you they spent all there money on a new chief to tell them what to do .if you fix it you will love the sled when done with it. not cheap or easy

Top Bottom