M Series Sleds

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found out last week that you are not supposed to lay a M series sled on its right side(with the oil tank half full or less) for any period of time. Apparently you can get an air bubble in the oil pump and the rest is history. I'm not sure if this just applies to the 08's or all of them. Just thought i would give you the heads up

Stevo

Reaction score
I haven't heard that one, what's the source? I have found that an M8 runs great upside down, but I don't imagine too much oil gets injected.;)

I've never burned even close to half a tank of oil in one ride, so I'm not concerned.

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard that one, what's the source? I have found that an M8 runs great upside down, but I don't imagine too much oil gets injected.;)

I've never burned even close to half a tank of oil in one ride, so I'm not concerned.

The 08's oil tank is smaller. I will use at least half a tank of oil to a tank of fuel. The dealer that i bought it from told me this..He said that when it lays on its right side for any period of time air can enter the pump as the tank is mounted fairly high.

Stevo

Reaction score
Good info to know, bergy. Thanks.

My '07 holds enough for 3 or 4 average rides. What's the capacity of the '08 tank?

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what it holds but when I was in Sicamous I couldn't get two tanks of fuel to a tank of oil. It's going back to the dealer and they are going to check the oil pump as they believe that it is using too much oil as well (not a bad thing on a new sled) In 300 miles I have used 1 and 1/2 jugs.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure ive got 400 on mine and i've used 1.5 jugs. It takes about half a jug to fill it out. the gas tank hold like 11 gallons and that would work out to like 1.5 litres per tank

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines an 04 F6, same engine as an M6 or 7... as far as oil consumpsion goes... I just rode 920 kms in Yellowstone and used exactly 5 litres of injector lube... Shell advance synthetic. I could still turn down the oiler and be well inside the safe zone.

Top Bottom