M 1000 engine trouble

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 M1000 that took out a cylinder(pto side).Problem is I took it to the dealer and he replaced the cylinder and piston and sent it home.About 15 min ride it died but it fired back up and I got it back to the yard.Pulled off pipe and looked down the y-pipe and new piston and cylinder and destroyed again!First time he blamed my fuel!I have only ever run farm gas with octane boost,I know it sounds bad but it has just shy of 2000 miles and never missed a beat even after I did some mods at 700 miles(slp y-pipe,pipe,hi flow intake,v-force reeds,dynaport power commander 5)and it was bulletproof till I put some town gas in(premium)and it run a little odd after a ride!Pulled plugs,mag side were dark brown pushing black,pto side electrodes were missing(jagged edges not melted)some scoring in cylinder not horrible,replaced plugs ran perfect for about 3 tanks of gas then died.Pto cylinder totally destroyed,mag was perfect.I told dealer I thought it might be crank seal because how fast it went from running perfect to dead but he tried blaming my fuel but I said if it was det it would have showed up on both pistons!So he replaced wrecked cylinder and piston and put in 100:1 oil in tank and 50-50 of 111 octane premium blend gas and 15 min later its done!!Any ideas?I still think crank seal and now he says maybe injector or oil pump!Smokes like crazy and uses oil so?

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put it back to stock or get a boondocker box and egt's,i had a pcv in my m8 and was rippin on it then just did a plug read as i added some mods and found the pcv was only adding fuel to the mag cyl and the pto was just a slight tan color more white than anything,and pto was running hot,the other thing you could try is go into advanced features and add some fuel to the pto cyl and go from there but check plugs religiously as well as piston wash,also get a set of egt's as i found it saved me from the same thing you had happen

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank seal is easy to check....well if it still runs. Spray a little starting fluid behind the primary clutch. If rpm increases the seal is shot. :d

Parad0x01

Reaction score
Hey man not my fault he needs a real sled that name should be more like arctic scrap

If you've got nothing helpful to say don't say anything at all. The guy asked for help, lets not turn it into a pissing match about which brand is better.

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score

Attachments

• stupid.gif
    stupid.gif
    72.5 KB · Views: 157

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the initial cause of the failure. Detonation, over heat, lack of oil?? What did he tell you caused the first piston failure.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you brought a real sled tha wouldn't happen try a skidoo rev xp

A real sled!That's original!Your probably one of those guys that laughs when someone is pulled down the hill!!Here's a good for ya!! What does riding a skidoo rev xp and roller blading have in common? Having to break it to your parents your gay!!!! If you got your head out of your a.. you'd realize EVERYTHING breaks down!!!!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the initial cause of the failure. Detonation, over heat, lack of oil?? What did he tell you caused the first piston failure.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

I said crank seal right away now he figures it might be crank seal!Now its getting done properly so that 15 minute ride for $1200 bucks when I got it back Friday is going to be on his dime!!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you've got nothing helpful to say don't say anything at all. The guy asked for help, lets not turn it into a pissing match about which brand is better.

I get a kick out of dick heads like sledneck112!!Probably still lives with his parents and doesn't own a bolt on anything he 'owns'!!I just came on here to see if anybody else had some ideas on the cause of the failure!!He's a internet tough guy who probably gets picked on by his buddies so has to act like a wise ass on here!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think that you would have to change fuel just because you added a pipe. I think it has more to do with engine compression

Probably didn't have too but with the slp intake,y-pipe,v-force reeds, the slp down load for ecm and power commander.Slp print out recommended min.91 octane so it was getting octane boost in 87 octane regular for close to 800 miles without missing a beat!Found out today it was the crank seal that took it out!Dealer never checked it when he replaced only one side on Friday and it lasted about 15 minutes if that!!Might be looking to replace it because I've never had luck with any rebuilt engine!!Trust is gone!!Its still way better than the 800 dragon it replaced!LOL!!

Top Bottom