looking to buy a sled this winter....what to buy??

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's gotta be a reason skidoos are so much cheaper than everything else out there. Just saying think about it.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2004 rev was years ahead of the m8 even to 2010. So keep that in mind. A 2005-10 m8 is like riding a 20 year old chassis.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Funny, I've ridden 20 year old sleds and both my M sleds don't feel anywhere near like them:confused:. I have no problem following revs and XPs... Try loosening up those bananarama doo yellow underwear a bit bud.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that a joke lol? skidoos are more expensive new, used skidoos are consistantly 1000-2000$ more used than the other brands....

soo? quality. thats what thats about

I thought they were more expensive because you have one, making them a high demand item.......

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok so looking into a sled this year for my first time but yes i have ridin for a few years now with buddys so yes i know how to ride pretty good..... anyways what a good sled for just around here in alberta and also good in the mountains as i would be going there also.... and lets say for a 6 thousand doller tops price

thanks

If your looking and thinking about a rev, send ~Rowdy~ a PM here on the site. She has an 04 in mint condition and needs nothing, She's thinking about selling it and I would highly recommend it!!!

I had an 04 High Mark Extreme and loved every minute of it, now I'm on a Dragon and find it very comparable to a Rev. But not a Rev......

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have mechanical aptitude you can do anything really, go with any of them and try and get a ride in on each, the cat you're going to be upgrading the diamond drive bearing(lots of info on doing that here), doo you're going to replace the crank bearing after 2500-3500(also many write ups on this here) and dispute all you want I ride with a bunch of revs and xps and not one has cleared the 3500 mark and all are maintained meticulously, poo well for the price you wanna spend you will have no problems finding a mint shape 800 but do your research on them before considering, usually they require some heavy mods to be reliable although there are a few out there that have and still are flawless from day one. Equally important is to take into account your local parts/service/sales shops, can make a huge difference when you need help

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think mikey may have to old cats for sale......just sayin'

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, I've ridden 20 year old sleds and both my M sleds don't feel anywhere near like them:confused:. I have no problem following revs and XPs... Try loosening up those bananarama doo yellow underwear a bit bud.

i had a 2001 zx. same geometry as the 2011 m8. so i am mistaken it is more like 10 years. my mistake.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have mechanical aptitude you can do anything really, go with any of them and try and get a ride in on each, the cat you're going to be upgrading the diamond drive bearing(lots of info on doing that here), doo you're going to replace the crank bearing after 2500-3500(also many write ups on this here) and dispute all you want I ride with a bunch of revs and xps and not one has cleared the 3500 mark and all are maintained meticulously, poo well for the price you wanna spend you will have no problems finding a mint shape 800 but do your research on them before considering, usually they require some heavy mods to be reliable although there are a few out there that have and still are flawless from day one. Equally important is to take into account your local parts/service/sales shops, can make a huge difference when you need help

hes got a point. skidoos never make it past 2500km..............

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
m7 .....great sled lots off upgrades available they seem really affordable and if you buy one for 4g you could prob turn around and sell it for 3500 not bad for a few months of riding and decide if you want something more from there.

as far as reverse goes its nice but you can survive with out it just think ahead a bit and dont park with your ski's touching the cabin...... its not like reverse does one any good when there stuck anyways

Top Bottom