Looking to buy a new side by side

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello i am in the market for a new side by side. I am looking at the polaris 900 or the maverick. Has anyone ridden both of these and can compare them?

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are good machines really it comes down to personal preference. try and ride them both each one will put a smile on your face.

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anybody bought the xp 1000 after they owned the 900??

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you compare the 1000 maverick with the 900... you can'nt.. you have to compare the 1000 against the 1000.... even thou the 900 is a good machine.... no matter what anybody says... they all have issuies.. and some more than others.... it is really a crap shoot... one says no problems .. the next says tons of problems... think of it this way... no matter what the problems i would rather have a machine that out performs the other rather then thinking of which one is cheaper to repair... repair comes with the sport... that's just the way it is... if its got balls then it will break ...simple....lol

Even though i am a true Can-am guy since 2007, i think Can am is stll playing catchup to the popo sxs's ... the maverick is an awesome machine... but popo is ruling in most racing disiplines....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We own the 900. I have driven the Maverik model did not have qe2 front diff or power steering.

New maverik has both.

The Maverik gets very warm in the center console. Drinks get warm. I am not a fan of the front diff not a true posi.

Both ride good and run great.

We have 2400 km on our 2013 900. I broke 1 axle and 1 winch my fault.

Really either are a good choice..

Now the 1000 rzr has a few issues. I don't like the seats.

bradams90

Reaction score
As long as you stear clear from the prowlers you will love wich ever machine you decide on.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Ranarampage

Reaction score
If your going to buy a maverick, Buy the one with power steering and front diff that has the Quick engagement (all power steering models have that I think). Biggest draw back of a can am is the 4wd system might as well get the best one they offer, By the time the regular none qe diff engages the other wheel you've made situations worse.

XP1000....
I loved it was going to buy it waited to see what would happen in the first couple of weeks. I understand its a release thing and some bugs to work out but here's what I know. Seat adjusters don't stay locked, glove box fitment issues (wont stay closed), bent shock shafts, driveshaft out of phase, bent arms.

I ended up buying two quads, Both can ams, both with qe diffs and I am happy with them! Both 1000,

Top Bottom