Looking for a dirt bike for wifey.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YZ85? Crf150? Anyone got one for sale at a reasonable price? Input appreciated...

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if she's taller than 5'4" i'd say look at a kx100, or a 200 2 smoker,or even a 250 4 stroke with a shaved seat n a lowerin link

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if she's taller than 5'4" i'd say look at a kx100, or a 200 2 smoker,or even a 250 4 stroke with a shaved seat n a lowerin link

She's 5'4 1/2" lol. I am partial to 2 strokes(thats what she said) for ease of maintenance and repair. KX100 would be ok... Would be nice if it was a little underpowered for her first bike... What about a TTR125L??

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look into ktm 200 sx. I think it's better to have more power then under powered. A under powered 2 stroke can be really hard to drive! The 200 has nice low end power which is good for someone who is not good with feathering the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She will be just riding flat land trails with our two older kids on 50s... I know that she would not even be comfortable on a 125 2 stroker

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know where there is a kX 125 for 2300 if your interested

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crf230 w/ e-start. Nice air cooled bike, super easy and low maintenance plus has the magic button so when she dumps it she can start it herself and not have to wait for you to come kick it 20 times for her.

straightshooter

Reaction score
Or the Yamaha ttr230 e start also a low maintenance bike. The wife rides a slammed crf250r if the valves are not set perfect she can't start it. Pain in the ass when I need to start both and also worries me if she can't start it on her own.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crf230 w/ e-start. Nice air cooled bike, super easy and low maintenance plus has the magic button so when she dumps it she can start it herself and not have to wait for you to come kick it 20 times for her.

x2
Good first bike and good trail bike..........

calgaryyz250

Reaction score
Girlfriend started on a TTR-125LE. Best thing for learning. It has E start and kick. Hell you can push start them if you have to. Hers may be for sale this spring. She's spent more time on a CRF230 since the last time she rode this one. I doubt she'll enjoy it after a ride or two.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend started on a TTR-125LE. Best thing for learning. It has E start and kick. Hell you can push start them if you have to. Hers may be for sale this spring. She's spent more time on a CRF230 since the last time she rode this one. I doubt she'll enjoy it after a ride or two.

I could be interested in that depending on the year... We are not looking at spending very much money. Less than $2000 for sure, as our primary hobby will be getting the boat stuck up some river... Lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be interested in that depending on the year... We are not looking at spending very much money. Less than $2000 for sure, as our primary hobby will be getting the boat stuck up some river... Lol

And ur good at that forsure

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would look into ktm 200 sx. I think it's better to have more power then under powered. A under powered 2 stroke can be really hard to drive! The 200 has nice low end power which is good for someone who is not good with feathering the clutch.

I agree about more power being handy when you need it, but too much power in inexperienced hands can spell disaster too!

I made a verbal deal with a good guy on a 04 TTR125L not too far from home... Tryin to go deal tomorrow... Hope it works out good here... :fingerscrossed:

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTR is a good putt putt bike or slow trail rides, anything liquid cooled and motocross frame will have a much more serious suspension which will make for a nice ride (not to mention safer when it's not trying to toss her) as well as have power for later when she's more confident. 85 would be too small, a good mid size bike would be the CRF 150. But sounds like any 4 stroke sequential transmission bike with e-start would be the ticket just to follow the kids till they start ripping it up :p

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the kx100 actually has good bottom end power ,worst case u throw on a flywheel weight to tame it a lil .

Top Bottom