looking at an f7

CTmoose

Reaction score
im looking at a 2004 f7 efi, the only problem is it needs a top end. what does a top end cost? I priced it out in royal distributing and i figured out about 400 dollars for parts, what does it usually cost and how is an f7?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll get by that cheap if it's just pistons, but if you need cylinders add another $600 for exchange jugs...more if yours can't be repaired. You won't know that till you send your old ones back. I just had to buy 2 yesterday for my M7. Don't just do the top end either. Make sure you split the crankcase & replace the crankshaft seals.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the chances of the cylinders being screwed?

Excellent! Mine was still running fine, but 1 cylinder had a lot of nikasil wiped off. Rebuilt a number of them now and usually end up replacing at least 1 cylinder,

CTmoose

Reaction score
alright, i just talked to the guy and he said wen it died it was like he pressed the killswitch wen it died, he said he can pull it over but he hears metal inside

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alright, i just talked to the guy and he said wen it died it was like he pressed the killswitch wen it died, he said he can pull it over but he hears metal inside

Better count on replacing cylinders then, but you could be looking at crankshaft issues too. Hard to tell till you get it opened up.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the top end on my girlfriends m7 and it was close to $700. But that's oem parts

Top Bottom