Long Lake area

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be riding Long Lake and south on Saturday and Sunday, not sure which day is the adult ride but probaly Sunday morning. Must be talking about Spruce Canyon, however the biggest hills are south of long lake.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maps would be:cool: where is pipeline from smokey? been on pipeline before but from longlake area.how long of a ride from smokey to boyle via pipe line,that might be a option. pm me maps or e-mail, thanks alot.

The pipeline is bout 10 minute ride from town. There is usally a trail from town to go north. The ride leisurely takes a couple of hours of just riding. But you can take many detours throughout the whole day. I will try and send you some maps.

sledder800

Reaction score
Re: Long Lake Rocks Beware

There certainly is not enough snow yet to cover all the land mines (rocks) out there yet. Have been sledding Long Lake area for over 30 years and first time that a sled has been written off by insurance!! Estimator said they have not seen one so twisted, could be these new sleds are so light weight it doesn't take much.

Was only going about 10k/h as come to fence line and road crossing. We did mark the rock with sticks and flag tape to prevent another accident from happening. Walked away with very bruised hip (was riding standing so went over handle bars) and sore neck and back after doing a back flip before landing on my back. Lucky again the backpack absorbed the landing. So yeah the gal takes the hit out of 5 guys, go figure!!

So on that note, be very cautious out there!!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Long Lake Rocks Beware

There certainly is not enough snow yet to cover all the land mines (rocks) out there yet. Have been sledding Long Lake area for over 30 years and first time that a sled has been written off by insurance!! Estimator said they have not seen one so twisted, could be these new sleds are so light weight it doesn't take much.

Was only going about 10k/h as come to fence line and road crossing. We did mark the rock with sticks and flag tape to prevent another accident from happening. Walked away with very bruised hip (was riding standing so went over handle bars) and sore neck and back after doing a back flip before landing on my back. Lucky again the backpack absorbed the landing. So yeah the gal takes the hit out of 5 guys, go figure!!

So on that note, be very cautious out there!!

That sucks.. sorry to hear your sled got written off. I have a spare for you. lol. We seen some land mines as well, even going slow. We were out by the indian reserve and seems they had a bit more snow than lets say the pipemine area.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a few of us are heading out to Waskatenaue on sunday.... Wouldn't mind hooking up with a few of the locals out there and ride towards Long Lake.....and a place called the Canyon?

where in waskatenaue is a good spot to stage?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks duck heading out 7:30 am will post days events.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is you guys going on sunday? I am thinking of heading out there on Sunday. My dad just bought a new sled and wants to try it out.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys the wife is going to the city tommorow and I'm looking for some company on a "Boys" ride. Will be doing approx, 100 km, some of my best spots, Figure lake area, the pipe line, White mud, Thorhild Grazing area etc. This not going to be extreme but hang on. Bring lunch I'm leaving around 11:00 be back at the cabin by 4:00
Long Lake Blk 14 # 5
give me a call 576 2269
Gone riding today leave a message
Don Clark
Ride Safe and Sober

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did that today,but went to boyle,long haul.keep eye open for pipe line sign just outa smokey,not well marked.220km today,bones hurt,but a good hurt lol.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did that today,but went to boyle,long haul.keep eye open for pipe line sign just outa smokey,not well marked.220km today,bones hurt,but a good hurt lol.

Still good snow on the pipeline?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent snow on the pipeline.....We did 105 miles today in that area....awesome snow.....were back there next weekend....

:beer:

[media]http://www.dootalk.com/forums/uploads/1234129453/med_gallery_1479_1388_70529.jpg[/media]
There is a Ralley in Newbrook in 2 weeks..will post more info later.

gander

Reaction score
Thought I would pass along a thanks for the ride last weekend. The snow was excellent and enjoyed the company. Hope to get another ride in soon.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any body planning a ride for this weekend,looking to get out for a day over the weekend?
catmando!

Top Bottom