Lloydminster overpass collapse

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://lloydminster.gallery.siteseer.ca/cache/derivative/1/8/18013.datToday in Lloyd.
http://lloydminster.gallery.siteseer.ca/cache/derivative/1/8/18020.dat

DSCN0444.JPG

DSCN0446.JPG

DSCN0445.JPG

Last edited:

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Canadian Pacific Railway overpass on Highway 16 collapsed after a semi collision Tuesday afternoon.
Police say an eastbound truck's cargo collided with the bridge at about 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11.
The overpass structure suffered severe structural damage after a truck attempted to pass underneath, but the track hoe being hauled didn't clear the overpass, causing the collapse.
Lloydminster RCMP, Saskatchewan's department of highways and Lloydminster Rescue squad responded to the scene to block off traffic.
Traffic was redirected south to 12 Street and then east or west as all four lanes of the highway were closed due to the damage.
Officials said it will take a few days to clear up the collapse and traffic is being rerouted to 12 Street in the interim.
No injury reports were known at press time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why didn't the train yield the right of way, what is a driver to do? :D

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can the excavator just break up the concrete so the highway can be reopened?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
doesnt it surprise anyone that the arm of an excavator managed to lift the enitre section of a railway over pass off its supports? i've seen other things like this this and have never seen damage like that to the over pass.....seems odd to me

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those bridges sit on bearings. some are not fastened at all and if they are its just with a small pin or a few bolts. as soon as it slides off enough looks like gravity took over and did the rest. if this was a concrete bridge the excavator and truck wouldnt have done near the damage simply because of the extra weight sitting on the bearings.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judging by the way the boom is bent, I'm willing to bet that this guy had it loaded and just put the stick straight down like he was at the end of his shift, instead of folding it up. I've seen guys do this before and it just make you shake your head. Saw one guy come into winterburn like this and he must have been all of 5.0 meters high, he wasn't too far off the power lines. :nono:

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how fast he was going? judging by the damage it was pretty fast. but to come to a dead stop in say 20ft?? friggg he must have been wearing his seat belt and wouldnt doubt if the ol colar bone is hurting.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably start fracing first, cementers are the brighter ones these days.

Top Bottom