Lloydminster overpass collapse

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I went to school with was telling me about the extra weight with the winch truck too. He said he got looking into it, and even if it's just a WARN 3000 mounted on the truck, it's still qualified as a winch truck? Seems odd to me.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I went to school with was telling me about the extra weight with the winch truck too. He said he got looking into it, and even if it's just a WARN 3000 mounted on the truck, it's still qualified as a winch truck? Seems odd to me.
hahahaha....that would be a good one to try, bolt an old worn out quad winch onto your hay shaker and say "I have a winch!", boom! extra 1000 kg's....lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaha....that would be a good one to try, bolt an old worn out quad winch onto your hay shaker and say "I have a winch!", boom! extra 1000 kg's....lol
I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Oh wait.... There's no scales anywhere I haul too.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
just a WARN 3000 mounted on the truck

That is exactly what John Welburn did when he built his '05 Pete to run legal for RTAC. I believe it's a 270 wheelbase and they mounted the winch in the bottom of the headache rack below the middle cabinet between the frame rails. The electric winch controls are in the drivers side of the bunk :cool:

Attachments

• Darwins Pictures 085.jpg
    Darwins Pictures 085.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Darwins Pictures 087.jpg
    Darwins Pictures 087.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 147

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really? truck bashing? all the componets in a heavy truck come from the same manufacturers, only different part is the cab. our fleet runs at least one of each truck and we get 98% of our parts from the local western star dealer.
calm yourself pal, just jokin around. But thats the same with anything, manufacture`s have to use the same stuff as the next truck manufacture, but that doesn`t mean that all trucks are used equally for different jobs. You see a lot more Volvo`s on highways and a lot more western stars on beat out logging roads. So they deffiantly have their differences. We own KW`s and one peterbilt, both are made by PACCAR, But the Kenworth is designed better for the off road oil field stuff. Some truck Makers specialize in certain categories of trucking. But thats not what this thread is about.. So my bad.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
year round, I asked specifically about that because they have given us a 10% allowable over gross for years. divisible or not, ban period or winter weights....he says we get 18K on the drives due to the winch. first I've heard of such a thing, even asked him to sign my weigh slip for when I hit whitecourt with no permit for being at 17,890kg on my drives with that grader.

I phoned the central permit office in Red Deer this morning. The lady I talked to said that there is an increase for hayshakers with the 1100 series to 6000 lbs, but you must have the bigger axles ( as mentioned above). But she said that there is no increase in the driver weight, she had asked a couple of her co-workers as well. Sure would have been nice if it had been implemented. :) :beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
i heard he had a permit for 4 feet 3 inches.....
and as you have read the road is open, the bridge was sent to edmonton to get fixed and will be back in 2 to 3 weeks.
then the road will be closed to install the bridge.
was a busy day in lloyd...

a vac truck caught on fire and burnt right on main street.
then this idiot decided to take the train bridge out..
and then someone had a heart attack and went off the road and hit a house.
lloyd rescue had a busy day

I met the bridge going down the hiway sure took up a lot of real estate and no pilot trucks ....well on the back anyway

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I phoned the central permit office in Red Deer this morning. The lady I talked to said that there is an increase for hayshakers with the 1100 series to 6000 lbs, but you must have the bigger axles ( as mentioned above). But she said that there is no increase in the driver weight, she had asked a couple of her co-workers as well. Sure would have been nice if it had been implemented. :) :beer:
I also called this morning, must have been right after you because she said I was the second person to ask about it today. Got the same answer......they are going to call grimshaw VIS and straighten them out. Too bad, had my hopes up....lol

Top Bottom