Light Polaris = WEAAAKKKKK POLARIS

tcoulson

Reaction score
My glad RMK with another broken crank went to AC dealer and came back as an M8/HO/162, and not a 2013 PRO. My bad.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a part of snowmobiling you hit snow drifts.. I didn't hit a brick wall.. I wanted warranty because of a failed product that should not of failed. Especially since the rest of the sled was in mint condition. And trust me buddy if I could just fix it and carry on I would. But the parts are on back order from polaris warehouse not because my shop doesn't have them in stock. I guess these sleds are meant to just putt around the back yard eh. Sorry for sounding rude but there is a problem whether you think so or not. Also I have no idea how to upload pictures to this from an iPhone.

holy you HIT something, suck it up and fix it so you can stop complaining and go riding! I ride with and see a ton of them here in Revy with no problems. As everyone has said all brands seem to have good ones and bad ones, as you can see on here, some guys seems to have problems right out of the box,well some don't do ch!t and they run forever! Luck of the draw, to many factors to list. But in my experience pick a good dealer ( I have been with mine 20 years) and they will look after you when there is a question, not always for the whole thing but man every little bit. Jump around, go where ever you can save 20$ and you get the loyalty you deserve. Go on line and bash them....well. That's why I ride what I do, those guys look after me, major problem I always get a loaner..good luck.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a part of snowmobiling you hit snow drifts.. I didn't hit a brick wall.. I wanted warranty because of a failed product that should not of failed. Especially since the rest of the sled was in mint condition. And trust me buddy if I could just fix it and carry on I would. But the parts are on back order from polaris warehouse not because my shop doesn't have them in stock. I guess these sleds are meant to just putt around the back yard eh. Sorry for sounding rude but there is a problem whether you think so or not. Also I have no idea how to upload pictures to this from an iPhone.

i have one of these in my garage i can grayhound to you if you need it.

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have an old aluminum one with a damaged cast peace that you could unbond and replace the carbon peaces if you want. Just so u knwo the damaged one is off a salvage sled that was driving into a tree not polaris junk. ch!t breaks just fix it and move on if you need the parts give me a call. 780-298-0749

capercal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Polais HQ Not customer dealer department and ask them as to what standards these tubes are designed for. Hard to understand how a carbon fibre tube could break since carbon fibre is used in Aircraft wings to super cars due to its light weight and superior strenght. Why would the design have any holes in what Im guessing is the main sturcture. This could be come a safety consern. Time to stop fixing what we pay for on our own. You pay for the best product make the companies back it up. Good luck

shady280zx

Reaction score
Well first and foremost after a day of the ever constant wind blowing in AB all the drifts are like a brick wall! I do believe this should be warrantied, a good dealer would do this. I called a dealer, the last day of my warranty (unknowing,) after noticing my overstructure was cracked in half at the steering post. They made a repair order that day, I sent them a pic, and they got the claim into Polaris (I had never even been to this dealer let alone bought my sled from them!)

But at the same time I don't think you 'hit a drift' and carbon fibre exploded. You hit something hard, carbon fibre is a very strong product but it does not stand up to direct impact as well as metals. Carbon fibre rims on motorcycles require inspections for these reasons, it doesn't 'give' all that much. That being said it is improving all the time, though I doubt the carbon on the polaris is top notch.
If I was you I would call the guys offering the aluminum parts for sale, get this thing on the snow and then go for the claim after that. Probably cost you $100 and an evening of your time.

tothebar

Reaction score
My buddy hit a tree a couple weeks ago and bent his upper control arm, after replacing the arm I pulled the hood off and noticed both of the cf tubes on the os were shattered! And the aluminum subframe was so badly bent that it was hitting the pipe and the side panels would no long fit. He didnt hit the tree all that hard but the damage was catastrophic. I would have to agree that these new lightweight pros are weak. I'm not convinced that cf is the way to go. Oh yeah we both broke our rear bumpers the day we picked up ours sleds....Like WTF is that?

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy hit a tree a couple weeks ago and bent his upper control arm, after replacing the arm I pulled the hood off and noticed both of the cf tubes on the os were shattered! And the aluminum subframe was so badly bent that it was hitting the pipe and the side panels would no long fit. He didnt hit the tree all that hard but the damage was catastrophic. I would have to agree that these new lightweight pros are weak. I'm not convinced that cf is the way to go. Oh yeah we both broke our rear bumpers the day we picked up ours sleds....Like WTF is that?
Did you back into a tree????? Just a little humour

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this post from Steve Darcy over on snowest and he nailed a tree and ripped his upper a arm right off and he inspected his bulk head and it was 100% fine. No cracks, bends or breaks. Also hucks 100+ ft jumps and has had no issues with durability.

photo-77.jpg

photo-76.jpg

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled is not stock though. Hard to compare I would say.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in Carbon fiber. I think it is the way it's used and fabbed that makes the difference.

Check out vid.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled is not stock though. Hard to compare I would say.

how so?? The bulk head is all stock, the a-arms are stock, the tunnel is stock, just trimmed to accommodate the 146" track. Only after market mods are fox shocks, SLP kit, timber sled skid and a wrp seat.. Non of which add any sort of durability features except maybe the timber sled skid. Still has carbon fibre overstructure

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seriously? He hit a tree, and hit it hard enough to bend metal. That is over 750 lbs (assuming your buddy is at least 200 lbs with gear) going from moving to a dead stop in an instant. That is a lot of force. Carbon fibre is designed to be very strong is a specific direction. If you are going to introduce outside forces that twist or bend it in a directly it wasn't designed to go, like hitting a tree, or hard snow drift, it will crack. Aluminium will give a little more before it bends, but that impact could have very well been hard enough to bend an aluminium over structure as well. Snowmobiles aren't designed to hit things.
I've had my carbon fibre rear bumper intact for 2 seasons now. It's designed to lift the back of the sled, not tow something with, or back into something.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not think those A arms are stock. They don't look stock, and I think I saw the guy's thread on Snowest where he said he put Ti arms on it.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not think those A arms are stock. They don't look stock, and I think I saw the guy's thread on Snowest where he said he put Ti arms on it.

If you compare the Ti's to the stocks the Ti's are round all the way through where the stocks have a little bit of a corner where it connects to the spindle like the ones on the sled I believe. I think he said he changed them back to stock cuz he was missing a bolt kit (post #46) Darcy's 13' Project Build: Lightweight meets Durable - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

regardless I don't think stock or after market would've made a difference judging by that picture lol

salbendidi

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you have issue's and your dealer is not standing behind you. On another not though, if you bought a sled to jump drifts and ditch bang then maybe the pro is not the best sled for your riding style, i agree that poor design is poor design but to 2013 pro is definately not built for jumping drips and ditch banging.

My 2013 rmk assault has a cf over structure with piggy back walker Evans shocks. Are you telling me I can't jump my sled?? Get real.

Top Bottom