life and death question.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was cruising snowmobile chat and their are threads about snow falling , my dads truck has very chitty tires and we are wondering if he should get some snows , well we are leaving friday of next week , and we are hauling a probly a 1000lb load in the truck and a 24 ft enclosed trailer full so traction is key.

should we get new tires? will it be snowing or will their be snow by next week? will it need tires? where is it snowing? i need to know , my dad asked me to post this.

lets review , where is it snowing?

do i need tires?
when will their be snow?
will it be dangerous traveling next week with the truck we have (97 cummins)and the tires that are on it?

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is TOTALLY fake joey! sentence structure is too nice, actually correct punctuation!!!!!!!!! no WAY this is the real joey

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was cruising snowmobile chat and their are threads about snow falling , my dads truck has very chitty tires and we are wondering if he should get some snows , well we are leaving friday of next week , and we are hauling a probly a 1000lb load in the truck and a 24 ft enclosed trailer full so traction is key.

should we get new tires? will it be snowing or will their be snow by next week? will it need tires? where is it snowing? i need to know , my dad asked me to post this.

lets review , where is it snowing?

do i need tires?
when will their be snow?
will it be dangerous traveling next week with the truck we have (97 cummins)and the tires that are on it?

Personally You should have good tires as you will be going through some high mountain passes in BC......they can get snow anytime....:nono:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah but the thing is , we have not sold the house , we are scraping just to get enough to go!!! tires will set us back $800!!!!!

well personally $800 is nothing compared to driving with bad tires and hitting snow.......my opinion only.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lexy's right, better safe then sorry this time of year you never know even in alberta....maybe 16 and sunny one day and white out the next

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i say screw the tires and get your butt out here as modman and his henchmen are ganging up on me and i don't know how long i can hold the fort, bring help and a yamaha sled. save money to cover all the bets we can make. i see us raking in thousands off the friggin mod man, easy money.

you should be fine for a few weeks yet, snow is still up high, should have no problems.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true but what if we DO run out of $ and end up out of diesel and end up stranded anyways........we only get tires if we absolutely half to!

Joey....If you don't want an honest answer then why did you ask......:confused::confused:

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i say screw the tires and get your butt out here as modman and his henchmen are ganging up on me and i don't know how long i can hold the fort, bring help and a yamaha sled. save money to cover all the bets we can make. i see us raking in thousands off the friggin mod man, easy money.

you should be fine for a few weeks yet, snow is still up high, should have no problems.

Imdoo'n......he is moving to Victoria...so that means he will be most likely going through rogers Pass....and over the coq....which both can get snow in the middle of July......

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so on average , when does bc start to get snow? dont want to spend $800 on tires to find out we dont need them. just dont know what to do.

can someone please answer my question..........is it/will be snow between the 24 and the 29 , between ontario and victoria? what are the chances of that area getting snow between now and then , between ontario and victoria?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
No one can honestly answer your question joey because know one knows what will happen all we can tell you is yes it is very possible and probably likely you will hit snow somwhere along the way....it oct. Weather is a gamble

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so on average , when does bc start to get snow? dont want to spend $800 on tires to find out we dont need them. just dont know what to do.

can someone please answer my question..........is it/will be snow between the 24 and the 29 , between ontario and victoria? what are the chances of that area getting snow between now and then , between ontario and victoria?
I would say leave the snows off till at least halloween, that 's the way I did it and I lived in Banff for 7 years and went to the hill riding 100x a year.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one can honestly answer your question joey because know one knows what will happen all we can tell you is yes it is very possible and probably likely you will hit snow somwhere along the way....it oct. Weather is a gamble

ok thats all i wanted to know! what are the chances. thanks for your advice , now i think we should get tires!

last question. lately , where has it been snowing? like has it snowed in our path yet? or is that a dumb question?

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok this will answer your question on BC tires....

Having vehicles equipped with winter tires (on all wheels) or carrying chains is now mandatory on mountain highways in BC between 1 October and 30 April.

This is Law Now....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok this will answer your question on BC tires....

Having vehicles equipped with winter tires (on all wheels) or carrying chains is now mandatory on mountain highways in BC between 1 October and 30 April.

This is Law Now....

thanks i will tell him! what about my brother's car (which i will be driving) its a ford tempo , snow tires on it too? it will be baisically empty except for clothes. forget the law for a minute , will it be unsafe in the rockies with BRAND NEW radials?

Top Bottom