Liars

Reaction score
My dad suprised me with a quad last year and it was supposed to be a 400ex bored out to a 440. The frame was broke in 3 places, the swingarm and axle were screwed and it just wasnt worth what he bought it for :mad:. So my dad bought everything it needed and i bought new fenders for it. We were gunna rebuild the top end this spring and one day after school my dad told me that my quad was completely stock. Now we have to spend more money to bore it out. Anyone else buy something they thought was great but later found out it was the worst deal ever?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once i bought a wrecked quad, didnt work out well but sold it a year later for $100.00 less than what i had into it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad suprised me with a quad last year and it was supposed to be a 400ex bored out to a 440. The frame was broke in 3 places, the swingarm and axle were screwed and it just wasnt worth what he bought it for :mad:. So my dad bought everything it needed and i bought new fenders for it. We were gunna rebuild the top end this spring and one day after school my dad told me that my quad was completely stock. Now we have to spend more money to bore it out. Anyone else buy something they thought was great but later found out it was the worst deal ever?

Sometimes it's better to not have engines modifications, and then at least when you work on it yourself you can make sure it's done right.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear so many people talking about boring there engine "40" over which is probably what happened to your quad. Then they think that adds 40 cc but it's not. It's 40 thousanths over stock (correct me if I'm wrong) which doesn't add any cc's

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

o well at least I wont have to come pick it up for u after 10 minutes of riding anymore, and it might keep up with my quad

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boreing it out 40 thou it's the answer if your looking for more cc....You nee to replace the jug and pistopn with an after market big bore kit.....they come in several versions from mild to full rave....but the wilder you go the more troules you get into, as you then need to start looking at the cooling system, the oil system, carb, jetting air and tunning.....

It can be done and it's not that big of a deal, just know what your getting into or take to someone....like Absolute Power....they can even educate you and sell you the parts....good guys go ask them some questions...

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dont worry norman know's what hes doing!! he already did a 400ex and it's great. he ordered a big bore kit with wiseco piston new sleeve,etc and it also came with a stage 2 hot cams camshaft!

burndown1

Reaction score
At my job I get car dealers that want a 1 valve, Valve job. I tell them no. I feel its not fair to the person that buys the vehicle. Do it all correctly or go away. Sure its more money, but it also prevents comebacks. The customer has something that works. Car dealers, Liars, well what can you say.

Top Bottom