"Lets come up with a decent Doo Goggle warmer/dryer" thread.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you turbo it and remove the big stock air box, drill a few bigger holes to engine compartment it nice and warm in stock Goggle holder.. So warm in deep conditions it's actually almost hot.. Lol

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I did read and I looked on here to figure out what u guys did. I did the same thing just instead drilled a bunch of small holes under the mesh opening. I would say its v almost or just shy of the same surface area ad yours it's just mine doesn't really dry my goggles just makes them covered in moisture...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the frog skin or the flo rite is the answer. Either probably works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you need more of an opening in your bag.. that mesh idea is a feeble attempt to get venting in there, but I think the doo engineers are flatlanders and don't realize we operate in waist deep fluff and actually put up a sweat... it could be better.

Yea I did read and I looked on here to figure out what u guys did. I did the same thing just instead drilled a bunch of small holes under the mesh opening. I would say its v almost or just shy of the same surface area ad yours it's just mine doesn't really dry my goggles just makes them covered in moisture...

scully

Reaction score
I cut a 1" hole and put frog skin over it. Also applied weather stripping around the panel. I leave my goggle bag 1/3 open. It work perfect. You can put a sandwich in there and in 2 hours the cheese will melt.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on top golf the already vented mesh area you can another hole through that bag itself?

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I simply set my goggles on my XM clutch cover(where the goggle bag is meant to go) and close the side panel ... my goggles dry out in 5 minutes and all is good. I just have to open the panel slowly to catch the goggles before they fall into the snow. I have been doing this for the past 3 years and the goggles haven't been scratched even though I leave my spare pair in that spot all day long.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I simply set my goggles on my XM clutch cover(where the goggle bag is meant to go) and close the side panel ... my goggles dry out in 5 minutes and all is good. I just have to open the panel slowly to catch the goggles before they fall into the snow. I have been doing this for the past 3 years and the goggles haven't been scratched even though I leave my spare pair in that spot all day long.

exactly!! I just put my strap under the plastic peice on top and it never falls out! It's free and works awesome!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try that. Right now I just throw them behind the exhaust on the frame when we stop and a few minutes later, good to go.
exactly!! I just put my strap under the plastic peice on top and it never falls out! It's free and works awesome!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bingo! lol surprised there is 8 pages about this....lol

Also the top of the clutch cover above the secondary is great place to keep a set of dry gloves on a cold day. Cold hands? Switch out for wickedly warm set and way you go!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bingo! lol surprised there is 8 pages about this....lol

Also the top of the clutch cover above the secondary is great place to keep a set of dry gloves on a cold day. Cold hands? Switch out for wickedly warm set and way you go!
You guys just rest your Google's where the bag sits and they don't end up in the primary?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno.. I roll my sled, etc.I would be surprised that it wouldn't end up on the pipe or in the clutch or something...

Myself, the belt dust and crap get filtered, and a clean pair of GOGS are the most important to me..

You guys just rest your Google's where the bag sits and they don't end up in the primary?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno.. I roll my sled, etc.I would be surprised that it wouldn't end up on the pipe or in the clutch or something...

Myself, the belt dust and crap get filtered, and a clean pair of GOGS are the most important to me..

yea that's what im thinking, roll the sled after a stuck pull the cord and the old FOG09's are in the primary....then u gotta mess... and one less pair of crappy goggles I guess lol

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep .... just make sure they are set in in the spot properly when the panel is closed

NytroNorm

Reaction score
I got a cheap goggle bag from rec supply(15 bucks) and zip tied it up above the exhaust silencer(probably wouldn't work with the stock can). works like the polaris bag on the pros, nice and toasty. Downside is I have to remove it to get to the coolant tank.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an SPI flowrite in my BRP goggle bag yesterday. Hopefully this gets a little more heat from the motor into the bag.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452482910.080534.jpg

Last edited:

bourgon

Reaction score
What is wrong with the 40$ Goggle from doo that fits in the cluch cover? Everyone I talk to loves it!! Will know how it works on my next ride!!

Top Bottom