"Lets come up with a decent Doo Goggle warmer/dryer" thread.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still want to try building the "blowhole drying box" in that spot. Is this a stupid idea???? Have the box sides butt right up to the side panel and seal with rubber edging. Install vent on side panel to exhaust heat. Have 12v fan sealed on motor side of box with snorkel attached to manifold by y pipe.

This setup would bring down under hood temps exhausting heat exactly where you want it. I think I can build this only adding a few pounds and the fan will only draw 2A at start and 1.4A running while putting out 140cfm. Anybody think of any downsides to this?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just riveted an old shaving case where the doo goggle bag should go and it works great never had a problem keeps em warm and toasty ........maybe the doo one is to insulated ?????

wasn't going to pay 150$ for a bag with a zipper on it when I already had 1 or 2 kicking around

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just riveted an old shaving case where the doo goggle bag should go and it works great never had a problem keeps em warm and toasty ........maybe the doo one is to insulated ?????

wasn't going to pay 150$ for a bag with a zipper on it when I already had 1 or 2 kicking around

Was just at martin west. skidoo bag is $60. Wondering how well it actually works. Parts counter said they haven't had too much feedback so far but sell a ton of them.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the doo case and because they don't sell the door vents separately, I went to cycle works and bought a 2-½" flo-rite with a rubber grommet. Im gonna cut a hole in the bottom of the bag and in the guard. the flo-rite will wrap inside the bag and in the guard and seal it up nicely. Im gonna put the flo-rite off centre so the strap still works and have the exhaust vent on the other side. I'll take some pics of my work.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the doo case and because they don't sell the door vents separately, I went to cycle works and bought a 2-½" flo-rite with a rubber grommet. Im gonna cut a hole in the bottom of the bag and in the guard. the flo-rite will wrap inside the bag and in the guard and seal it up nicely. Im gonna put the flo-rite off centre so the strap still works and have the exhaust vent on the other side. I'll take some pics of my work.

Please

dylandoo

Reaction score
Website
www.dylanoneschuk.com
Finding a good goggle system is so difficult. Ive looked around for years for something better but what I did last year is buy a pair of Dragon X2 goggles with a spare lens. Their lens detach system is so easy I can leave them on my face and take the lens in and out with my gloves still on. I then just carry my spare lens in my pack and switch it out when its foggy. Because the lens comes right out you can easily wipe the inside of it too so I rarely find my self even switching to my other lens. I recommend these goggles to everyone they are pricey but amazing.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might be just blind. but I seldom have goggle issues during riding. I believe it has a lot to do with the way you breath and where you direct your breathing, Of course, I've only rode now for 15 years in the mtn's. And with global warming things could have changed..... Ha! Ha! Goggles are pretty dam great these days

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0643.jpg IMG_0644.jpg IMG_0645.jpg IMG_0646.jpg Well, I was successful, but it was a little more involved than I thought.

First of all, I didn't have that plastic divider to mount the bag with the push rivets supplied, so I had to fasten the bag to the actual belt guard.

The 2-½" Flo-rite needed a 3-⅛ hole, and I at first was a little bit leery in making such a large hole. I also drilled holes for the push rivets and goggle holding velcro strap/
It hasn't compromised the rigidity whatsoever.
I de-burred the edges, placed the holder onto the guard, traced the hole location onto the bottom of the holder, and cut the bottom out.

The rubber grommet can be a bear to work in, but with a small flatblade and perseverance, it got done. I made a plastic washer to hold the bag, because when you cut out the bottom, it wasn't easy to stuff under the rubber grommet. The plastic made the bag slip in easy and gave it good holding power.
I then punched holes in the bottom of the holder to accept the rivets. It's holding good.

I might make some additional holes on the side facing the motor, but I can almost bet that those 7 small holes might be enough.

Last edited:

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your floright is holding the bag to the cover as well. That's a awesome idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are cutting a 3" hole in the belt/clutch guard? Is that a good idea? Safety shields are usually there for a reason, no?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much just as strong with the side lips in place and the plastic side piece.. It is very rigid.

If a plastic belly pan can withstand an exploding belt, I am sure this guard will still do the job.

You are cutting a 3" hole in the belt/clutch guard? Is that a good idea? Safety shields are usually there for a reason, no?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty much just as strong with the side lips in place and the plastic side piece.. It is very rigid.

If a plastic belly pan can withstand an exploding belt, I am sure this guard will still do the job.

sounds good....I'm sure you know what you are doing

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that's a big hole - you will have heat coming in and drafting for sure. You will know after your first weekend how the guard will hold up. Hopefully it works cause if it buckles onto the belt it will get ugly under the hood in a hurry.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should have gone one size smaller, but the aluminum is thick and I can't see anything that could buckle it. The 2 little loops holding the clevis pin is the weakest point Imo.

Sent from w

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried out the bag vented to the clutch as well as engine this last weekend....... Perrrrfect!! Will dry wet gloves in half hour if on the throttle but will not get hot enough to melt goggles. No belt dust issues either with fog skin over vents. So nice.

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the skidoo bag and drilled a 1" hole under the vent in the bag. Put on some frog skin and think it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so are your google bags working with the hole there the mesh is guys or? i installed mine and drilled a bunch of 3/16's holes where the mesh is but after running my sled even for a half a day my goggles are unthawed but moister all over the lenses. Im starting to think this aint gunna work thinking about trying to make a bag fit up over the expansion chamber or something.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a couple of weekends on the hill, I have to admit that the flo-rite method works great. Goggles dry in no time, and I even put gloves in there, they took a good part of the day, but they were dry at the end of the day for the ride down. It takes a lot of heat to dry gloves, compared to goggles.

Top Bottom