Leduc Fire, Member affected

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that my cousin Greg (newtoleducsledguy) and his family were affected by the fire in Leduc on Sunday. The main floor of their house is still standing but right now no one is sure if they will be able to salvage much of anything. The fire started in the house diretly to the east of him and spread mostly east from there and west only to his house. They have lots of support right now but I'm sure a kind word of support would be appreciated by him and his family.

Thanks

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this... We just moved and put everything we own in boxes, and in doing so we realized that it is not until you stop and take stock that you realize how much you have (and how much you have to lose). Our hearts and prayers are with your cousin and his family as they too come to the realization of what they have lost. May they also be blessed by the realization of how much they have, how lucky they are to be unscathed, and how much support and love they have surrounding them in this hard time :) If there is anything they need, let us know. We have lotsa spare things after the move that might tide them over until things have come to a permanent resolution. As well, the members on this site have proven time and again that they are generous to those in need: I'm sure that any help needed can be found with just a word of asking...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yup, let us know........ we can rally and gather up lotsa stuff I'm sure, but hopefully he is fully insured. I know how hard it is to loose everything like that. My first house(mobile home) burned down when I was in my early 20's, and I lost everything too. It's tough enough starting over in your early 20's, nevermind a full family.....ouch. My heart is out to them all........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its too bad....... and sad to hear...................... but having said that the way all these new houses are packi stacked side by side where u can jump from roof to roof i think there is going to be more and more multi houses going up from one starting it.......

i couldn't and will never live in a new house in town cause of it.... plus i like to peep off my deck... and most nabors might question it [ live on a no exit road now so i'm spoiled ]

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I probably talked to him during the fire. Am not really sure who I talked to as was kind of busy. Tell him to send me a p.m. If there is anything I can do.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
&Thanks to everyone. Yes they are fully insured and just trying to put the pieces back together. First order of business is to find a house to rent in Leduc until they rebuild so that they do not have to disrupt their girls. Until then and as long as they need they will stay with me and my family. I will be sure to let everyone know what they may need or what the members of snow and mud can do. I have seen a number of times the generosity of the members of this site. And in true snow and mud form we were camping / quadding (he was breaking in his new 500 cat from T&T when he got the news. Tough day yesterday. Thanks again

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, if its an accident due to a malfunctioning appliance or wiring that starts it then ok, you cant really predict that, But Arson!! thats a slap in the face, I hope the d bag gets what he deserves!. I live in a semi detached town house and im always worried about what other people do. I dont leave anything that can catch fire unattended cause I'd feel like a sack of ch!t if I was the cause of a fire to not only lose my stuff but my neighbours aswell.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone knows of any decent rental homes in the Leduc area shoot me or newtoleducsledguy a PM or Email.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Leduc 2 weeks ago, sad to hear such a terrible thing to happen in a beautiful community. Don't have much for possession but always willing to pass a long any bit I can.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I met Greg today. Very nice gentlemen. Greg if you can post anything you require I think the S&M members can try help you out.

Top Bottom