Klim warranty = junk.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably some useful information for anybody looking to drop serious cash for "quality" gear

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah. I highlighted some of their product descriptions for their Stealth gear in a multi page response to them last year.

It's too bad. I liked the fit of the product. Their new Stealth gear is more "durable" they say. I wonder why they felt they needed to change it? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I will add my $0.02 to this thread as I am a very happy customer of Klim and will continue to wear their gear. When the Stealth gear came out, I was not impressed. I didn't like the feel of it, didn't like the material, and I felt that it wouldn't stand up to the trees.

Saying that, the Togowotee bibs and Valdez jackets have been excellent. They stand up to the trees, zippers are all good, and the warranty has been excellent. The fact that there is a statement/tag on the gear that states, "Guaranteed to Keep you Dry", has been my reason for testing the warranty process. I know the gear costs more money than others but I have had a new pair of bibs for 8 years (all on warranty) because the GoreTex cannot make it through a season without leaking. IMHO, the bibs are famous for leaky butts and the jackets for leaky elbows. I have had 4 jackets replaced due to leaky elbows and Klim's warranty (maybe it is the warranty GoreTex gives to Klim and Klim is not out anything, I don't know about that side of the process) has been excellent for me.

The one process that I don't like is getting the gear to Idaho. It was absolutely excellent when dealing with DCI in McGrath, AB and a regional warehouse in Langley, BC. The staff in Idaho have been excellent to deal with and I will absolutely continue to do so. Sure do wish they could fix the shipping part though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent my gear into motor fist, both came back not fixable

Getting new gear woop woop

sent while drinking tea's

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only bitsh about Klim, FXR, Motorfist, is that I don't get enough rides in during the year to even wear out my 4 y/o gear. Need to change something in my life.......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only bitsh about Klim, FXR, Motorfist, is that I don't get enough rides in during the year to even wear out my 4 y/o gear. Need to change something in my life.......
Yes, yes you do

sent while drinking tea's

Top Bottom