Klim warranty = junk.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just phoned klim today and was told that my boots are not covered under warranty any longer. Only one year for boots, helmet and goggles. Guess I will be looking for different boots.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf they won't replace my five year old boots and give me a new coat every year, what kind of Mickey Mouse operation
re they running here! :realmad:

:clapping:

no wonder sledding chit is soo expensive ! guys demanding unreasonable warranty ! I wish they sold it with the warranty optional . I would gladly buy it for 20-40% less and have no warrantly

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:clapping:

no wonder sledding chit is soo expensive ! guys demanding unreasonable warranty ! I wish they sold it with the warranty optional . I would gladly buy it for 20-40% less and have no warrantly

I hear ya, but in all reality it's a bargain. Only reason it's cheap as it is, is because some poor soul in Asia is working for a bowl of rice.

If you tried to get a winter jacket custom tailored, bet you couldn't get a better one made if you spent 5 grand.

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf they won't replace my five year old boots and give me a new coat every year, what kind of Mickey Mouse operation
re they running here! :realmad:

This vest was under 6 months old and only used under a top layer jacket.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This vest was under 6 months old and only used under a top layer jacket.

That sucks, I wasn't making light of your situation. Some of the other guys on S&M are ridiculous though IMO

Good luck, hope they resolve it for you.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to dealer today and they told me to deal with it myself online. Seemed a little odd that they won't deal with any of the issues for products they sell.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to dealer today and they told me to deal with it myself online. Seemed a little odd that they won't deal with any of the issues for products they sell.

Maybe just to dam lazy? You pay more through dealer to have support.
Then dealers wonder why you don't buy local .

dylandoo

Reaction score
Website
www.dylanoneschuk.com
Just made a claim last month with some Klim gloves. Sent me a new pair no questions asked and sent me some discount codes. Was really impressed.

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
Just sent in my jacket to get the main zipper replaced. Jacket got pulled into a track tunnel while unloading from an enclosed, it fell off a hanger and nobody noticed. Totally not Klims fault. They are replacing the zipper for free and covering return shipping. they only asked that I pay shipping to them. Sounds like good customer service to me.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's impressive. I've got half a dozen days on some klim stealth pants that are already starting to tear on the knees. They basically told me tough sh#t.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sent in my jacket to get the main zipper replaced. Jacket got pulled into a track tunnel while unloading from an enclosed, it fell off a hanger and nobody noticed. Totally not Klims fault. They are replacing the zipper for free and covering return shipping. they only asked that I pay shipping to them. Sounds like good customer service to me.

sounds more like you are cheating them to be honest ? "Totally not Klims fault " and they are paying to fix your booboo ? things like this only make the prices go up for everyone .
unless you told them its your fault and they still want to fix it ?

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
sounds more like you are cheating them to be honest ? "Totally not Klims fault " and they are paying to fix your booboo ? things like this only make the prices go up for everyone .
unless you told them its your fault and they still want to fix it ?

I absolutely told them what happened. I was fully prepared to pay for them to put a new zipper on, as I wanted it to be as good as factory instead of getting it fixed locally. They surprised me when they said they would fix it and ship it back with no charge.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's impressive. I've got half a dozen days on some klim stealth pants that are already starting to tear on the knees. They basically told me tough sh#t.

The original Stealth gear has crappy material. Mine faded and were falling apart after one season and they told me the same thing.

It wasn't until I questioned why they had changed the material on the new ones that they started to cooperate.

My Stealth jacket also faded and would not repel water any longer. I had a Valdez I wore for almost 4 seasons that was in near perfect condition yet the Stealth after one looked as though it was 10 years old.

For whatever reason they don't want to warranty poor construction and crappy material on their premium line of gear. Hence why there is no reason for me to spend thousands on Klim products any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is/was brand new stealth gear. This was klim's response to top of the line gear lasting half a dozen rides:

The Stealth gear is specifically made with a specialty stretch Gore-Tex. It is made for the rider that cares less about durability and more about mobility. This is typically with racers.

Top Bottom