Klim boots

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, me and a buddy each bought a pair of Adrenaline boots at the snow show here in Calgary. I really liked these boots, when it was cold out our feet were both warm and dry. Now that it's warm out our feet (espcially the left) are soaked. I think it was Walt Healy's display where they had the boot partially submerged stating they were waterproof. My questions are 1anyone else experiencing this? and 2 Do you think Klim will do anything about it. I haven't spoken with Walt healy yet to see what they have to say about it yet....

Thanks
Chris

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to them, cause klim is really good about there warranty.. Is it your feet sweeting??

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definatelly not feet sweating. I could ring my socks out and get 1/2 a cup of sweet water out of em :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh.. I was wondering cause i just got a pair of the adrenaline gtx boots there called i think.. They are gore tex.. But i would definitely give them a call..

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris:

The last couple of time I've gone sledding.... my feet stayed warm and dry. I bought the Klim Adrenaline boots too. The day time temperatures were between +3 and -5 deg. c.

I did not experience anything like you lately. It maybe that the temperatures are warmer now... I'll be able to answer your question next week when I get back next week.

This is what I've found so far;

If your feet are getting wet... you maybe wearing to much underneath you jacket and pants.... since a person stands more in the mountains (the sweat runs down the length of your body and will accumulate in your boots), try wearing less and lighter layers (the micro mesh are great, no cotton socks either) so you won't sweat as much and fully open all you vents (pants and jacket)

I use to be just drenched untill..... until chaning to [layer 1] lighter micro mesh underwear and long sleeved shirt. [Layer 2] Over this I wear the micro fleece underwear and shirt. [Layer 3] Klim jacket & pants (which can be removed in warmer weather. [layer 4] Klim outer shell and sledding pants.

The venting really helped... me stay cooler and dryer...

Hope this helps you....

Hey everyone, me and a buddy each bought a pair of Adrenaline boots at the snow show here in Calgary. I really liked these boots, when it was cold out our feet were both warm and dry. Now that it's warm out our feet (espcially the left) are soaked. I think it was Walt Healy's display where they had the boot partially submerged stating they were waterproof. My questions are 1anyone else experiencing this? and 2 Do you think Klim will do anything about it. I haven't spoken with Walt healy yet to see what they have to say about it yet....

Thanks
Chris

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Chris
They will replace it a buddy of mine had the same problem. Do you ware moisture wicking socks like the ones kilm sells?

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do wear the Klim socks as well as Helly Hansen Dry tops and bottoms.

Thanks for all the replies.
Chris

flatlandguy

Reaction score
I have always had a problem with wet feet. Last year bought boots from Skidoo when I bought the sled. They don't have removable liners and my feet get soaked and cold in them. This year I got a pair of Klim boots with removable liners and the Klim micro-fiber socks .. could mop a floor with my socks especially the left one. I'm told it's worse because the clutch is on that side and gives off more heat. I've always just blamed it on sweaty feet. I think I'll do a test next time I go sledding, wear a plastic bag over my sock inside the boot. See if the boot liner still gets wet, I know the sock will.!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new pair of klim adrenaline gtx boots.. Man they are the most comfortable and best boot i've ever worn.. My feet stay drier in them than they do wearin shoes at work.. LOL..LOL..

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Have Klim Boots Too, And They Never Feel Like My Feet Are Wet... If I Sit Watching The Kids Pound Away At A Hill, My Toes Doo Get Cold, So Thats When I Point And Shoot The Big Doo Up That Hill... Just Scares The Chit Outa Ya, When You Can See The Gates Of Heaven(something Cats And Poos Have A Very Tough Time Dooin' ... Lol) -- Then Reality Hits When That Friggin' Turbo'd Yam Blasts Past You, Givin You That "reality" Check!!!! THE BOOTS ARE WELL BUILT, AND WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF, THEY'RE NEVER REALLY WET INSIDE..... VERY COOL!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i hear yah.. I was riding a boosted doo 1000 the other weekend and holy*&^^ was that thing fast.. It is amazing at how fast things can go buy. It can be very deceiving to on actually how fast you are going..

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
When I Point The Big Doo Just Scares The Chit Outa Ya, When You Can See The Gates Of Heaven(something Cats And Poos Have A Very Tough Time Dooin' ... Lol)

.... Wake up, it's just a dream !!! :rolleyes: Ya would get to the gates if ya just pulled on the rope..... Maybe ?:D ...... We are the gate keepers !:p:D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
When I Point The Big Doo Just Scares The Chit Outa Ya, When You Can See The Gates Of Heaven(something Cats And Poos Have A Very Tough Time Dooin' ... Lol)

.... Wake up, it's just a dream !!! :rolleyes: Ya would get to the gates if ya just pulled on the rope..... Maybe ?:D ...... We are the gate keepers !:p:D

BF, YOU CAN ONLY DREAM.... REALITY HURTS YOU POO GUYS, DOESN'T IT... TOO BAD, SO SAD............. LOL ;)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of sled are ya running?
my left foot gets wet a bit too on warmer days from all the excess heat from the clutch side pooring out the vent by your foot. I ride a REV. Sometimes I put a piece of Duct tape over the laces because thats where the moisture comes in, after a few hours of melting snow over the laces water will get into any boot! My boots are HMK PRO LE, sweet boot!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the things that i really likee about the new klim boot is the fact that it gives really good support without feeling like a ski boot and it is still quite skinny so it fits the running boards very well.. And if you turbo'd that doo you'd about be able to skip over them gates...LOL..

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got boots fromcan tire 40dollar boots keep my feet warm and dry when not in water lol
helping them doo guys get across the puddles

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
First season w/Klim boots..... BIGFEETS stayed dry last trip in warm conditions & they don't drink as much as the last ones that burnt themselves !:eek::D

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Insulated rubber boots most of the winter and sorels for the super cold days. Riding boots to bulky and restrict movement to much for me and besides with the rubber boots you're always ready for the sheep.:D

Marry Poppins Express

Reaction score
I wear the klim adrenaline series boots and find them to be very comfortable. I wore them for two seasons now, this year I bought klim pants to go with the boots. Last year the only reason my feet got wet is because snow came in from the top. This year with the new pants. my feet stayed warm and dry. I recomend them to anyone who lives from boondocking.

Top Bottom