Kids Gear

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my 4 year old on a little ride yesterday. I had him bundled up pretty good.

He was wearing a Ski Doo coat, Ski Doo pants, balaclava, HJC kids full face helmet, Ski Doo boots and mits with an extra pair of thin mittens. Underneath, he had fleece everything.

Overall, the only thing he complained about were his hands and face...which surprised me since he was wearing a full face helmet with all the vents closed.

When we stopped at a friends place to warm up I was disgusted when I felt how wet his Ski Doo mits were inside.

I'd say that Ski doo gear is pretty decent stuff but anyone know of any other brands for kids that I should be looking at??

Thanks

Hastings

Reaction score
My son is 5 and I have been having mitten issues as well. He has some mittens by Northface. Waterproof, well insulated, long, and has straps over the wrists. I am happy with these. You could also bring some hand warming pads next time you go out and activate them when you pull over for a break. Your son would probably love them.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the Northface mitts? I've been looking for some for my girls as well. They have the Ski doo mitts, but their mother keeps washing them, and they don't hold out the moisture very well anymore. Also, not meaning to hijack here, what about decent boots? I find it very hard to find WARM/DRY boots for kids.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't beat sorels for boots. Im 15 and I have a pair and I absolutely love them. My dad also wears a pair as well.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son is 5 and I have been having mitten issues as well. He has some mittens by Northface. Waterproof, well insulated, long, and has straps over the wrists. I am happy with these. You could also bring some hand warming pads next time you go out and activate them when you pull over for a break. Your son would probably love them.

I did have some hot pads with me but they must be too old-they hardly did anything. Someone told me that they buy new ones every year. Thanks for the info on the North Face mittens.:)

Hastings

Reaction score
I forget where I got the mittens, but I would suggest looking first at Sportcheck, then Martin farm equipment in their skidoo clothing section, and sears or zellers.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
I think just checking the ratings on the kids boots is good. However if they are fairly young or have small feet i have only found ones that go to -20. which sucks even then they arent good enough.

Sport mart, sport check and MEC have decent mitts and seem to be working well. My son has the burtons.

I also have reusable heating hand pads. They kick azz! You use them and then to reuse them you boil them again and presto ready for the next use. all youhave to do is bend this metal piece in them and they are warm again.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think just checking the ratings on the kids boots is good. However if they are fairly young or have small feet i have only found ones that go to -20. which sucks even then they arent good enough.

Sport mart, sport check and MEC have decent mitts and seem to be working well. My son has the burtons.

I also have reusable heating hand pads. They kick azz! You use them and then to reuse them you boil them again and presto ready for the next use. all youhave to do is bend this metal piece in them and they are warm again.

Where did you get the reusable heating pads from?

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Where did you get the reusable heating pads from?

i got them from snow valley but they sell smaller kids versions at a kiosk in southgate.

The name of them are EmeraldSuns.

ES English

greenheatpad.com is also another brand with small kid sized versions.

Top Bottom