Kakwa Conditions...

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the crew from Team Rednex's assended on Kakwa for 3 days this past weekend(March 12,13,14) and it was AWSOME.... each day was untouched 2'+ POW, first 2 days was snowing so stayed low and played it the trees and meadows... Last day was SUN.. so hit the high hard and was incredible POW...Just a warning.. The far face off Babbett Avyed heavy .... Full Slab Avy to the rocks, covered the back trail in, noticed some avies over top babbett to flattop, heard the Wall at Ruth Avied also... with all that fresh and the crust underneath should be a high avy risk..... So just use caution.... as an example the back of babbett that just slid that night guys were climbing right next to it with a ton of snow on the rocks above...:eek:...

Anyways was prob one of the best 3 days in Kakwa we had for a long time...oh and trail was awsome ....

Hear are a couple of pics...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Larrys Pics 308.jpg
    Larrys Pics 308.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Kakwa day three 044.jpg
    Kakwa day three 044.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Larrys Pics 325.jpg
    Larrys Pics 325.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 68

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a blast. Hoping to get there this week-end. Thanks for the avy tips, will use caution in all areas.

Stickman

RichardL

Reaction score
I agree Scotford I was out that weekend as well only my third trip to the mountains but had the best time of my life so far.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Scotford I was out that weekend as well only my third trip to the mountains but had the best time of my life so far.

:And from what they got the last few days.....Turbo's could not get over Babbett to FlatTop....were there again the next 5 days...:d......

Top Bottom