K guys some suspension questions.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
K sink searched a bit but didn't really find what I'm looking for.

So in my 12' pro climb when I compress the rear end it drops down fully but only comes back up maybe 2-3" when I pull up I gain probably 9-10" more. Rear shock is fully pressured up according to my pump. Is this normal? Shock issue? Or something I can adjust?

Next what are guys running for pressure in your front shocks? I run around 75psi and I'm about 160lbs. Just curious to see what others keep them depending in weight and possibly the terrain your riding.

Lastly limiter straps..... Worth it to take off in the proclimb and what's the advantage of doing so?

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your sled on dollies or on flat ground. Suspension will be all screwy on dollies. Limiter strap is adjustable but has to stay in or you will rip off top of the shock. 75 on front is good.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flat ground....
Took me 170 psi in the rear to make it start to rebound properly

Isn't 150 the max for floats? Are your suspension arms greased well so it doesn't bind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They never come up all of the way. There is also resistance between the track and the hyfax/skid that will stop the suspension from fully de-compressing. I do believer 150 PSI is the max that should be in the rear shock.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Everything is greased. It rebounded about an inch not problem but the stopped..... I could very easily With one hand lift it close to 10". Now with 165ish is rebounds good and is nice and tight. And feels way better riding

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your gonna wreck that shock being over pressured like that, there is a reason max pressure is recommended to 150psi, 12 proclimbs have regular floats and they need some work, re valving i do believe,i would never run a sled with a float 1 in the back they wear out really fast ,there is a reason the floats have been upgraded twice in the last 3 years, float 3 far superior to float 2 and float 2 far superior to original float

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Last edited:

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Call nextech in Sherwood Park for the Burandt upgrade and nextech reservoir. They will valve to your weight. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Your gonna wreck that shock being over pressured like that, there is a reason max pressure is recommended to 150psi, 12 proclimbs have regular floats and they need some work, re valving i do believe,i would never run a sled with a float 1 in the back they wear out really fast ,there is a reason the floats have been upgraded twice in the last 3 years, float 3 far superior to float 2 and float 2 far superior to original float

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

My rear is a float 2

Top Bottom