just found this??????cat 2012??????

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 16in track will hinder the ability to flop them over as easy as they do currently, I have tried the new freeride out with the sway bar off and it does handle nice but not as nice as my 11 M8, but the flotation can't compare, my buddies 154 freeride climbs like my 162 M8, as for the hp the reports I'm seeing are 170-190, I think they could pull off 180 with an 800 NA without too much problem, my buddies 08 with cpc heads, full exhaust, reeds, boondocker box, and air intake dynoed at 178, as for 190, thinking like everyone else, that's 12hp over a finely tuned fairly modded m8, hp isn't overly easy to make with the new sleds, I'm counting down the hrs to see the real figures to some degree, but realistically I just got back into it myself, my 11 takes me beyond where I'm currently comfortable, and in a year or so after my buddies freeride and my m8 have a few thousand on them, whichever has less problems that's what I'll be on.
Maxwell what's with your friends sig and you're the bieber of valemount? is that a poke or an insider deal I missed out on? or someone couldn't take your teasing?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the 16 wide was a good decision by cat. At least there's an option to what track you want other than being limited to the 15. Guys who want a 15 wide can always put one on if they don't like it (which i don't see happening)

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I think the 16 wide was a good decision by cat. At least there's an option to what track you want other than being limited to the 15. Guys who want a 15 wide can always put one on if they don't like it (which i don't see happening)

Do we know they are coming with a 16?? I didnt think so?? Maybe I missed that??

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do we know they are coming with a 16?? I didnt think so?? Maybe I missed that??

Ha! guess im gettin ahead of myself here hey? just read glen posted twice in here he heard it is 16 wide and mind was set in one direction lol

but if it is 16 wide, i stand by my statement lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 16in track will hinder the ability to flop them over as easy as they do currently, I have tried the new freeride out with the sway bar off and it does handle nice but not as nice as my 11 M8, but the flotation can't compare, my buddies 154 freeride climbs like my 162 M8, as for the hp the reports I'm seeing are 170-190, I think they could pull off 180 with an 800 NA without too much problem, my buddies 08 with cpc heads, full exhaust, reeds, boondocker box, and air intake dynoed at 178, as for 190, thinking like everyone else, that's 12hp over a finely tuned fairly modded m8, hp isn't overly easy to make with the new sleds, I'm counting down the hrs to see the real figures to some degree, but realistically I just got back into it myself, my 11 takes me beyond where I'm currently comfortable, and in a year or so after my buddies freeride and my m8 have a few thousand on them, whichever has less problems that's what I'll be on.
Maxwell what's with your friends sig and you're the bieber of valemount? is that a poke or an insider deal I missed out on? or someone couldn't take your teasing?

the free ride has a way wider stance than the m8. hence the tougher handling. iw ould compare that sled to an hcr. its designed for the big jumps and drops. and ps its just a joke lol.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for the 16" wide. I've been begging for one ever since I bought mine. If the weight, hp, and track rumors are true my 2010 will likely be up for sale here. Also.... Is it just me, or in some pics does it look really long? MAYBE a factory 174".... Nah, must be dreaming. Anyone know when the 2012 sled debut is in E-town?

juju23sports

Reaction score
the excitement is crazy! i cant wait for the launch video tonight. and about that 800 the rumor is true arctic cat stepped up they're game to the fiftieth anniversary:d.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not even thinking about buying one and I'm excited to see what they did. I personally have no interest in a 16" wide, but that's just me, I have no flotation issues with my 15 and anything that will make it even a little harder to pull over is not going to make me happy because I love it. I would be interested in riding your doo Maxwell because it sounds like you have it set up to pull over easy and that is something I have not had the chance to experience on any of the ones I have tried. They all seem to have the handle bars as far forward as they can get them and the thing feels like a tank with my body that far forward. Maybe I am just too fat to ride a doo. If cat pulls off some miracle and gets 180 hp STOCK out of an 800 it will push everyone forward in response and no matter what you like to ride we will see the benefit down the road. :d Can't wait.

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/attach][/attach]

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 196
Top Bottom