Joyride financial

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone deal with this outfit or is just a new scam, have my quad for sale on Kijiji and they want to straight out buy it from me and sell / finance to someone

No cost to me, will see what happens

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I sold a sled to a company like that… they advertise on kijiji with only monthly payments. They said bring it down and we’ll write you a cheque. I told them I would only take a certified cheque. They sent someone to a bank and had my cheque waiting for me.
I thought it was kinda weird but it was an easy transaction in the end.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but there is used powersports dealers out there and that's how they get their inventory. Buy low for cash, sell high on financing is the model.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they cut you a cheque right away or do they put you in a holding pattern until they find someone that wants to buy it from them?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Do they cut you a cheque right away or do they put you in a holding pattern until they find someone that wants to buy it from them?
from the experiences I've heard about (there are numerous of these types of outfits) they pay upfront on your negotiated (or asking price) with a cheque, you sign it over to them, and its no longer your problem

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those company’s make their money with the high risk and fine print. A while back there was a post about some guy on Alberta sledders who bought a sxs from one of those companies. He paid his loan off in the agreed term and owed them like $3500 lump sum or the loan continued. He had a copy of the bill of sale on the internet and I could not believe someone would sign that. It clearly stated there was $3500 owning at the end of the term and the amount the sxs cost was insane. Sure glad Im able run on the cash only program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is so many just see a payment and think they can afford it. I'm selling my skidsteer and was contacted from a dealer with a lowball, they can sell a similar machine for over 25% more then i'm asking because they finance it. I've seriously considered offering to finance it myself.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Problem is so many just see a payment and think they can afford it. I'm selling my skidsteer and was contacted from a dealer with a lowball, they can sell a similar machine for over 25% more then i'm asking because they finance it. I've seriously considered offering to finance it myself.
There's no inventory available on that kind of stuff right now either. Lots of the dealers are hungry just to have something on the lot they can advertise

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no inventory available on that kind of stuff right now either. Lots of the dealers are hungry just to have something on the lot they can advertise

The crazy part I don't get though is how little interest i've had, i'm asking less then what the exact same machine got at richie's in june, and that was before their fees and GST. All said and done i'll take $6k less then what that machine sold for like $37k compared to 43k, yet interest is pretty much nonexistent so far other then time wasters. The dealer wanted it for nothing though, they offered low 30's.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my rzr last summer to a similar outfit. Dropped out off and picked up my cheque. Pretty sure she already had it sold. Was pain-free

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for a rzr I saw tons of these types of ads for really nice looking used units but no price just a monthly payment listed. Most were in Edmonton.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
When I was looking for a rzr I saw tons of these types of ads for really nice looking used units but no price just a monthly payment listed. Most were in Edmonton.
they also won't give you a cash price if you ask for it, they want them financed so they get the higher price, and the kick backs from the lenders.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they also won't give you a cash price if you ask for it, they want them financed so they get the higher price, and the kick backs from the lenders.
Because they aren't selling a toy, they are selling the financing

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this didn’t pan out, they say the guy on the backside backed out. O well back to Kijiji

RB3Edm

Reaction score
Anyone deal with this outfit or is just a new scam, have my quad for sale on Kijiji and they want to straight out buy it from me and sell / finance to someone

No cost to me, will see what happens
They're legit, bought my yamaha from me last year, wired me the cash before they even picked my machine up. Lots of solid google reviews, etc.

Top Bottom