January Snow Conditions

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from McBride. Rode Belle Mountain all 3 days.

We did alright found some good snow. waste deep in places.
We had two newbies with us. they had a great time and did really well.

we stayed at the Scarecrow Farms Bed and Breakfast, so we were able to ride straight from there with out trailering.

Up top was tracked out, spent most of our time in the trees. We seen some snow bikes up there, one of our guys got to try one of the bikes out.

Then on our way back down, one of the Doo's rear ended one of the cats. No one was hurt, just plastic.

:beer:

But yeah, Snow is needed!!!!!

Attachments

• Circle Trail 1.jpg
    Circle Trail 1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 768
  • top of Belle 2.jpg
    top of Belle 2.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 774
  • top of Belle 1.jpg
    top of Belle 1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 775
  • in a creek 1.jpg
    in a creek 1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 782
  • Fools Canyon lower trail 2.jpg
    Fools Canyon lower trail 2.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 802
  • Fools Canyon lower trail.jpg
    Fools Canyon lower trail.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 814
  • Following too close.jpg
    Following too close.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 798
  • circle trail 2.jpg
    circle trail 2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 763

albinorhino69

Reaction score
Rode Renshaw Saturday and Sunday. Spring conditions, but snow is badly needed. Ended up finding some decent snow right by the cabin to play in yesterday.
Was talking to the groomer and he mentioned that this was the first time in nine years that he hadn't groomed the trail on Saturday. Just not enough riders.
Took some newbies up and at least they got to see the entire mountain, for the most part.
20160109_132828_resized.jpg
20160109_132847_resized.jpg

20160109_132822_resized.jpg
20160109_132912_resized.jpg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just spoke with Hotrod the groomer. Good news, It's snowing nice big flakes in town and on the hills. Renshaw as of noon, 6" of fresh at the collection shack as you go up the trail it increases, up to a foot of new snow reported at the cabin at noon and snowing good.
Belle and Lucille are not far behind. No one will be disappointed this weekend. We will post more as we have more info.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are on the payroll...lol need another part time job?;)

Just spoke with Hotrod the groomer. Good news, It's snowing nice big flakes in town and on the hills. Renshaw as of noon, 6" of fresh at the collection shack as you go up the trail it increases, up to a foot of new snow reported at the cabin at noon and snowing good.
Belle and Lucille are not far behind. No one will be disappointed this weekend. We will post more as we have more info.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Sounds like you are on the payroll...lol need another part time job?;)

Lol, I was asked by Hotrod to post the latest conditions, he is looking at getting someone like you to come on daily and post like you do in Valemount Curtis.

Its still snowing hard in Mcbride, was just talking to Rod at Adrenaline Rentals, nice fluffy snow. Then went on the Dunster Highway cam and the Crescent Spur cam, Nice reload happening. Kind of jealous as I cant come out this weekend. But I see golden is getting the same and next week is Mountain mania there.
B.C.Highway Cams
Dunster
dunster.jpg

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, I was asked by Hotrod to post the latest conditions, he is looking at getting someone like you to come on daily and post like you do in Valemount Curtis.

Its still snowing hard in Mcbride, was just talking to Rod at Adrenaline Rentals, nice fluffy snow. Then went on the Dunster Highway cam and the Crescent Spur cam, Nice reload happening. Kind of jealous as I cant come out this weekend. But I see golden is getting the same and next week is Mountain mania there.
B.C.Highway Cams
Dunster
View attachment 193363

On my way tomorrow!!! I might leave some for you guys!! Ok maybe not😂😂😂😂😂

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kelven

Reaction score
When snowmobiling is a huge boost to the towns economy you would think that the locals and business owners would be posting snow conditions daily, just saying!!!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When snowmobiling is a huge boost to the towns economy you would think that the locals and business owners would be posting snow conditions daily, just saying!!!
Lol relax man, there was a foot of snow at the renshaw cabin yesterday at noon according to the thread. From the looks of the forecast I imagine it hasn't stopped snowing.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
Hey guys,
it's Sven and Cara here from the scarecrow farm B&B in McBride.
Been trying to get a hold of groomer Rod once I talk to him I will try to provide you with an update for Renshaw, Lucille and Belle!!!!!
Today it snowed for about 6 hours out here again, total amount in our yard which is across from Belle Mountain was about 6" since yesterday morning.But as everybody knows that means that there was a lot more up in higher
elevations.
As I said as soon as I know I will post!!!!
By the way, we are still looking of filling a cancelation for this weekend!!!!!! we can handle up to 9 people so let us know if you plan on coming out here!!!! call 250-569-0351 or scarecrowfarmmcbride@gmail.com
Thank you,
Sven

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hey guys,
it's Sven and Cara here from the scarecrow farm B&B in McBride.
Been trying to get a hold of groomer Rod once I talk to him I will try to provide you with an update for Renshaw, Lucille and Belle!!!!!
Today it snowed for about 6 hours out here again, total amount in our yard which is across from Belle Mountain was about 6" but as everybody knows that means that there was a lot more up in higher
elevations.
As I said as soon as I know I will post!!!!
By the way, we are still looking of filling a cancelation for this weekend!!!!!! we can handle up to 9 people so let us know if you plan on coming out here!!!! call 250-569-0351 or scarecrowfarmmcbride@gmail.com
Thank you,
Sven

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming.

Life is good in "Da Hood"

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sven and Cara. See you on the 20th. Post all the updates you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RXN

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just received a call from Hotrod the groomer, he groomed the renshaw last night. He is reporting 18" - 20" of new snow at the cabin, and it was snowing when he headed down, so this would be sweet for the riders who are heading up there now. Its still snowing this morning and the conditions should be the same or similar at both Belle and Lucielle.

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
UPDATE UPDATE

Just got off the phone with Rod the groomer.

Total accumulation of snow in the last 24 hours: 18"-20" on Renshaw and Belle. He didn't say anything about Lucille but I'm sure it would be the same.
We are still looking for guys that need accommodations for this weekend!! Scarecrowfarm B&B 250-569-0351

Have fun sledding this weekend guys!!!!

Sven and Cara

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

They are if you notice, Rod C the groomer is calling me with updates daily when he is running the groomer up the renshaw. Scarecrow B&B has been posting as well, thanks for that Scarecorw. If you need a place give her a call.

Judy who is no longer with us, used to post daily conditions and even some pics from the riders, she will always be missed.

Last edited:

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the snow comes more consistently now. Trying to get out next weekend to try to see what my new sled can really do! lol

Top Bottom