Is this a good deal? 2013 summit sp

Catman13

Reaction score
It sure is a smoking deal. I spring ordered one, used it for the season and then found another in march privately for my son with the same miles as my own. Got a smoking deal privately.
Not a cat salesman but they are nice handling and the limited is the way to go. There is going to be a secondary clutch upgrade coming.
You won't regret that purchase.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Good deal. My sled is similar and these toys are designed to be ridden hard. And they all are regardless of who owns it. A snowmobile is one of those things you can't really say its been ridden harder than the next because they are all bagged. Good buy. And 1300k is peanuts

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personal choice is what it comes down to. $4000 and those 1300 kms which could be a couple years worth of riding if you're willing to spend $10000 then 14000 isn't that big of a deal to go new.
Saving $4000 isn't worth it. It's not like it was someone's personal sled that babies it for 1300 kms. It's a frigging demo. DEMO! Everyone bags the crap out of a demo. If he can only afford $10000 then find a good used one privately. But he's getting into the wrong time of year for that. He should have been doing this in April.

Skip the doo and go to meadow lake sk and buy one of their new left over 2013 proclimb limited for $11700. It's on Kijiji. This way he can have a brand new sled for only $1500 more.
If you're short if funds sometimes you need to spend a few hours looking on line and phoning around. Deals are out there.
New----- good
Demo----bad

OK dad.....let him buy what he wants!:rolleyes:

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree thats a decent deal, not fantastic but its a good price. I also think with it being the 154 you'll have a pretty big market for resale if you do snow check next year.
Oh and BTW, you'd be better off on any post 2004 Skidoo than an Arctic Cat lol:smiliestirthepot:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree thats a decent deal, not fantastic but its a good price. I also think with it being the 154 you'll have a pretty big market for resale if you do snow check next year.
Oh and BTW, you'd be better off on any post 2004 Skidoo than an Arctic Cat lol:smiliestirthepot:

Haha I just love the look of the new cats but I guess that doesnt mean nothing!

Catman13

Reaction score
Sure thing snopro. Wouldn't want to get in the way of a poo and your John Deere
Asking advice. What the @$"¥ ever.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds are hi performance machines, designed to be pinned, jumped and whatnot. How can you bag on it? Not letting it warm up, using crappy oil or gas? I would consider it bagged on if it has been smashed off of trees and rocks. 2 year warranty, buy it and have some fun.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think its harder on a sled motor to baby it. All 2 strokes are lean it the mid range so cruising half throttle down the trail taking it easy is harder on the motor then being wide open. I have seen more 2 strokes blew up half throttle then wide open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I just love the look of the new cats but I guess that doesnt mean nothing!

really doesnt matter the brand, any one can be seen either being towed or chopper'd off the mountain any given day. Ride whatever works best for your style and budget. If your lucky enough to have a buddy to lend you his sled, bag that one too!:beer:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally think its harder on a sled motor to baby it. All 2 strokes are lean it the mid range so cruising half throttle down the trail taking it easy is harder on the motor then being wide open. I have seen more 2 strokes blew up half throttle then wide open!

I have to agree with u because this is how my 08 800 powertek failed, I was going down a trail at half throttle and it blew! I always ride hard but for some reason that day I was taking it easy and it blows! Just my luck!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I bought the 2013 skidoo summit sp today I looked it all over and it was in perfect shape except the seat which was tearing on both bottom corners but otherwise Im really happy with it.

It has 51 hrs and 1290km so still pretty new and I payed $10200 plus tax! I also removed all the wrap they had on it! Ill get some pics up!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 skidoo 068.jpg 2013 skidoo 067.jpg

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!
You should look into seeing if they would replace the seat cover for you. Worth a try.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you're willing to spend $10000 then 14000 isn't that big of a deal to go new.
Saving $4000 isn't worth it.

40% more would be a big deal to me.

I've always figured that by the time you unload it the first time it's used anyways.

( wishing I was buying a new one this yr!!)

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!
You should look into seeing if they would replace the seat cover for you. Worth a try.
Ya im going to try it does have over 2 more years of bumper to bumper warranty!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40% more would be a big deal to me.

I've always figured that by the time you unload it the first time it's used anyways.

( wishing I was buying a new one this yr!!)
Yes $4000 dollar savings for a machine that looks new and only has 50 hrs! Well worth it I think!

Top Bottom