Is this a good deal? 2013 summit sp

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am about to purchase a demo 2013 skidoo summit sp 154 track for $10200 plus tax?
My dealer has a bunch of there demos for sale and I looked at a couple today the one Im considering buying has 1300km and looks to be in good shape and comes with two years warranty!
It has a full wrap on it of the dealers name so Im going to remove that but does this sound like an ok deal! It sounds good to me but wanted to see what u guys think?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would have a hard time saying "no" to that price!!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a good price. And there's a good chance that wrap has been on it since new, and seeings you don't like it the plastic should look brand new under it when you take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad deal IF it has the etech. I thought they were selling these new for 10,000 with the ptek in it were they not????????????

Catman13

Reaction score
Really? To save a couple thousand you're willing to buy a "demo"? Especially with 1300 km. Those kms would not all be good. People demo a sled to see how it compares to their own and usually go harder than they would on their own machine. As well demo is another term used for rental. Ever watch Seinfeld when he rents a car and tells the sales lady of course he wants the insurance because he's going to drive the crap out of the car?
I would guess since you are asking advise this is your first sled purchase. As such you would be better served by either buying a new 2014, or a left over new 2013, or looking for a private sale. But as a newbie private sales wouldn't be advisable either.
Go find the exact sled you like and buy that one rather than taking this sled because the dealer has some sitting around.
This purchase is one that you'll be living with for a few years at least. Isn't it worth the extra to start with a brand new machine?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? To save a couple thousand you're willing to buy a "demo"? Especially with 1300 km. Those kms would not all be good. People demo a sled to see how it compares to their own and usually go harder than they would on their own machine. As well demo is another term used for rental. Ever watch Seinfeld when he rents a car and tells the sales lady of course he wants the insurance because he's going to drive the crap out of the car?
I would guess since you are asking advise this is your first sled purchase. As such you would be better served by either buying a new 2014, or a left over new 2013, or looking for a private sale. But as a newbie private sales wouldn't be advisable either.
Go find the exact sled you like and buy that one rather than taking this sled because the dealer has some sitting around.
This purchase is one that you'll be living with for a few years at least. Isn't it worth the extra to start with a brand new machine?
Maybe a new sled is out of his price range? Most private sales on 13 XM's have been going for $12000 or higher. Just sayn...

Catman13

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what hi dealer wants for a brand new sled set up the same way as this "demo"

Catman13

Reaction score
Personal choice is what it comes down to. $4000 and those 1300 kms which could be a couple years worth of riding if you're willing to spend $10000 then 14000 isn't that big of a deal to go new.
Saving $4000 isn't worth it. It's not like it was someone's personal sled that babies it for 1300 kms. It's a frigging demo. DEMO! Everyone bags the crap out of a demo. If he can only afford $10000 then find a good used one privately. But he's getting into the wrong time of year for that. He should have been doing this in April.

Catman13

Reaction score
Skip the doo and go to meadow lake sk and buy one of their new left over 2013 proclimb limited for $11700. It's on Kijiji. This way he can have a brand new sled for only $1500 more.
If you're short if funds sometimes you need to spend a few hours looking on line and phoning around. Deals are out there.
New----- good
Demo----bad

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I should clarify this is not my first sled I just sold my 08 summit x!

As well these sleds were used by the employees which could very well mean there beat on but I know my way around a sled and they look to be in really good shape! Also the 2 years of bumper to bumper warranty means everything should be covered if I have problems! A new summit sp is about $15 000 OTD
I was planning on buying a used one beacuse I want to snowcheck a new sled next year! I know I like the 2013 Xm already because Ive been able to ride one a couple of times! But I wanted to try a new M8000 before I buy a brand new sled but have to wait till the snow flies! So I figured I would just buy a used XM to use this year then I would snowcheck a XM or M8000 in April!

But I know for about $3500 more I could have a brand new SP but its still $3500!

Catman13

Reaction score
If your wanting to try the new cat body then spring for the extra $1500 and get that limited from meadow lake off Kijiji. You may not need to spring order anything.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The odds of a dealer maintaining the sled is better than private. Most people don't baby their own sleds.. You can't tell me that you have never pinned the throttle on your sled. (if you even have one)

1300 is about average for a season, and it probably has been ridden mostly by the staff anyway.

I think he is getting a good buy.

Ever look at the '13 doo's in april? It was stupid. People thought they could get more than what they paid for it. Now that the dust has settled, it's better and still is a good time for buying a sled....

Personal choice is what it comes down to. $4000 and those 1300 kms which could be a couple years worth of riding if you're willing to spend $10000 then 14000 isn't that big of a deal to go new.
Saving $4000 isn't worth it. It's not like it was someone's personal sled that babies it for 1300 kms. It's a frigging demo. DEMO! Everyone bags the crap out of a demo. If he can only afford $10000 then find a good used one privately. But he's getting into the wrong time of year for that. He should have been doing this in April.

Top Bottom