Is man made climate change real?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So everyone should be free to pollute as much as they want with no economic penalty?

yes.

we have laws, prisons and fines to take care of the abusers. To just randomly tax just for the hell of it with no actual portion of it going to help the environment, bad, very bad.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Economic penalty LOL. so kinda like photo radar, if you can tolerate the expense of the penalty, go ahead keep paying the fines. So essentially rich folks who don't care can pollute as much as they want ?
Basically what the top politicians in the world do. Except the money they are using came from the tax payer.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel if they had accurate temperature readings on all the planets, every dam one of them in our entire solar system would be warming...but what are the odds the two planets they checked out are warming like earth? So i call bullsh!t to the Co2.

Reactions: win

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel if they had accurate temperature readings on all the planets, every dam one of them in our entire solar system would be warming...but what are the odds the two planets they checked out are warming like earth? So i call bullsh!t to the Co2.

The purpose of science is to obtain data and then ignore it because it doesn't align with your belief system. Is the earth a sphere or flat?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
How much co2 is being emitted by Alberta wildfires right now? Who is paying the tax on that?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The purpose of science is to obtain data and then ignore it because it doesn't align with your belief system. Is the earth a sphere or flat?

Unfortunately , “science” seems to be a lot like opinions. So which science do you believe is correct, the hundreds of accredited scientists and green movement activists who support the claims, Or , the hundreds of accredited scientists and ex green movement activists who suggest it’s more about weather patterns and cyclical warming/cooling, and the ability to control the masses ? Both put forward their version of facts, both manipulate their facts to fit their narrative or agenda.
Me, as I said I’m a cynic. If your livelihood and future funding depends on there being a crisis, I suggest you’re gonna see a crisis. I give far more credence to the scientists who don’ t depend on the threat of global demise for their future.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These 2 comments really do epitomize what so many believe is happening now.

The great tragedy of science—the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.

[FONT=&quot]T.H Huxley[/FONT]
It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with experiment, it’s wrong.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DAMN THOSE SCIENTISTS! Can't trust them for a minute! I almost caught autism from all their vaccines! WiFi gave my grandma cancer! I can't prove it but neither can SCIENTISTS!

Science has yet to prove the earth isn't flat and yet they also want to tell me the world is more than 4000 years old? LIES! It's all a conspiracy! Where is the huge body of research? I can't find any of it because nobody has put it in nice easy to read .jpg's on my facebook page! That's because it doesn't exist! But I'm not an idiot, you're an idiot and I can prove it by quoting the most obscure editorials in obviously biased websites! FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Also, the moon landings were a hoax and jet planes are spraying us with chemicals to control our minds. #SCIENCE

Let's see, how much dumberer can I make this... oh yeah, someone put Dihydrogen Monoxide in the water and it's proven that 100% of people who drink this stuff are being slowly killed off! DAMN YOU SCIENTISTS! YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING WITH YOUR SCIENTIFIC METHODS!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hilarious! Someone complaining because the subsidy on an electric car isn’t big enough and there’s nowhere for him to charge it for free, then another article complaining that the oil industry gets too many handouts!
Two basic facts there.
The first is that the whole green energy industry only exists because it receives enormous subsidies that make up most of its revenue, and the taxes it generates never comes remotely close to covering the free money it gets from government coffers, and the number of people employed in the industry is minimal. The green energy industry only exists because of direct government support for the manufacture, installation and use of their products.
The second is that the oil industry never gets direct cash handouts like the green energy industry gets. They get tax deferrals, enhanced write downs on equipment on occasion and tax credits for exploration. Nobody gets rebates or handouts for buying the products from oil companies like the green energy products do. And the oil companies create huge spinoff industries like well service, construction, trucking, supply and service, retailers that all create jobs and generate tax revenues. Anybody that has ever seen a well being drilled knows the amount of jobs and companies supported, equipment and materials sold and used, all of which is paid for by the oil companies and directly supports local workers and economies. Add to that pipelines, refineries, distribution systems etc.

And reading the above article about fuel subsidies, the author considers not putting a carbon tax on the fossil fuel industry to be a subsidy, and that governments not heavily taxing fuel is another subsidy. More progressives bending the facts to support arguments that aren’t quite supported by the truth.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hilarious! Someone complaining because the subsidy on an electric car isn’t big enough and there’s nowhere for him to charge it for free, then another article complaining that the oil industry gets too many handouts!
Two basic facts there.
The first is that the whole green energy industry only exists because it receives enormous subsidies that make up most of its revenue, and the taxes it generates never comes remotely close to covering the free money it gets from government coffers, and the number of people employed in the industry is minimal. The green energy industry only exists because of direct government support for the manufacture, installation and use of their products.
The second is that the oil industry never gets direct cash handouts like the green energy industry gets. They get tax deferrals, enhanced write downs on equipment on occasion and tax credits for exploration. Nobody gets rebates or handouts for buying the products from oil companies like the green energy products do. And the oil companies create huge spinoff industries like well service, construction, trucking, supply and service, retailers that all create jobs and generate tax revenues. Anybody that has ever seen a well being drilled knows the amount of jobs and companies supported, equipment and materials sold and used, all of which is paid for by the oil companies and directly supports local workers and economies. Add to that pipelines, refineries, distribution systems etc.

And reading the above article about fuel subsidies, the author considers not putting a carbon tax on the fossil fuel industry to be a subsidy, and that governments not heavily taxing fuel is another subsidy. More progressives bending the facts to support arguments that aren’t quite supported by the truth.

$3.7-billion to lease thousands of rails cars to ship Alberta crude

Liberals to buy Trans Mountain pipeline for $4.5B to ensure expansion is built

The Alberta government will hand out $500 million worth of royalty credits to two pipeline companies if they build propane-processing plants in the Edmonton region

NDP’s new promise to guarantee a loan of $440 million for a new $2-billion partial bitumen upgrader northeast of the city

$440 million in December 2017 to help producers cut emissions

Canada spends $3.3 billion a year on fossil fuel subsidies, including $1.2 billion in favourable federal tax treatment of oil and gas extraction and development projects

Canada leads G7 in oil and gas subsidies

Top Bottom